Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract the lines from input file Post 302435754 by sandy1028 on Thursday 8th of July 2010 07:13:39 AM
Old 07-08-2010
Can you please explain me how it works.

I want delete all the lines, in which timestamp doesn't falls in between 05/Jul/2010:07 to 06/Jul/2010:08.

---------- Post updated at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:00 AM ----------

File contains 19739530 lines. Is sorting expensive. Is there any other way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a sequence of n lines from a file

Hi I want to be able to extract a sequence of n lines from a file. ideas, commands and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract particular lines from text file

I have two files file A which have a number in every row and file B which contains few hundred thousand rows with about 300 characters in each row (csv) What I need is to extract whole rows from B file (only these which numbers are indicated in A file) I also need to use cygwin. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunio
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i join two lines from a input file

HI all, i have a input file,i have to join 2nd line into firstline and 4th line into 2nd line and so on.. for this we also consider odd no. of line.It's operate on original input file but output file should temp file. like .. filename=cdr.cfg line1 line2 line3 line4Desired output should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

input text at certain lines of a file

Hi, I have an xml file which will be edited by the user. I would like to get input from user and insert that at line 40 of the xml file. PLease can some one help me to know how to insert the text at specified line using shell script. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular lines from a file

Hi all, I have a file with many records with information as given below ID A16L2_HUMAN Reviewed; 619 AA. AC Q8NAA4; A5PL30; B2RPK5; Q658V4; Q6PID3; Q8NBG0; DT 20-MAY-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 20-MAY-2008, sequence version 2. DT ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaav06
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certain lines from a file?

Hi guys I have a several thousands line file in the following format: n817 -------------------------------------------------- n842 -------------------------------------------------- n877 -------------------------------------------------- n513 /bb/data/rmt2db.lrl:JBSKDB 31915 75... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from a file

Hi all; Here is my file which contains a list of files (recent versions of files are in red). This file is dynamic, files versions can change at any time (versions can increment) filename ------------------------------------------------------- ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to extract file prefix and from input to use in output

In the bash below which does execute I am trying to extract the contents of ${id} is 1234, as ${id} stores the variable that changes each time. After the path is removed the contents of ${id} are stored in pref, so they can be used in the output. Currently I am not able to extract the 1234 in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
sgitopnm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  sgitopnm(1)

NAME
sgitopnm - convert a SGI image file to a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
sgitopnm [-verbose] [-channel c] [SGIfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads an SGI image file as input. Produces a PGM image for a 2-dimensional (1 channel) input file, and a PPM image for a 3-dimensional (3 or more channels) input file. Alternatively, produces a PGM image of any one of the channels in the input file. OPTIONS
-verbose Give some information about the SGI image file. -channel c Extract channel c of the image as a PGM image. Without this option, sgitopnm extracts the first 3 channels as a PPM image or, if the input has only 1 channel, extracts that as a PGM image, and if the input has 2 channels, fails. REFERENCES
SGI Image File Format documentation (draft v0.95) by Paul Haeberli (paul@sgi.com). Available via ftp at sgi.com:graphics/SGIIMAGESPEC. SEE ALSO
pnm(5), pnmtosgi(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1994 by Ingo Wilken (Ingo.Wilken@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de) 29 Jul 2000 sgitopnm(1)