Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Opening File names with spaces inside it !- PERL Post 302435643 by gameboy87 on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 11:05:31 PM
Old 07-08-2010
Tools Thank u

Even though I resolved my problem, I got to know the use of glob function in Perl. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File names with spaces? Is it possible?

Gurus - I got one simple TXT file with long file name with blank spaces in between the words. I am trying to display that full file name, but it breaks while displaying. Could somebody shed some light here? Script ------ for i in `cat ~\temp\employee.txt` do echo $i done (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_2005
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines inside a file without opening the file

Hi, Just consider there are around 10 lines in a file. Now is it possible to delete the first 2 lines in the file without opening the file. No matter whatever the content of the file is, I just wanna delete the first 2 lines without opening the file. Is that possible? If so, please help me out.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with spaces in file names in a shell script

Hi, What's the best way to find all files under a directory - including ones with space - in order to apply a command to each of them. For instance I want get a list of files under a directory and generate a checksum for each file. Here's the csh script: #!/bin/csh set files = `find $1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use mimesender to send attachments with spaces in the file names / paths

Hello, I found the mimesender multiple attachment emailing shell script in the FAQ of these forums, and I have been able to use it to send multiple files, but only if they don't have spaces in their file name or path. When I attempt to send a file with spaces in it's name, enclosed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsmorra
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces between file names

Hi All, I have spaces in between file names. "Material Header.txt" "Customer Header.txt" "Vendor Header.txt" And how can I remove spaces between file names like below MaterialHeader.txt CustomerHeader.txt VendorHeader.txt Thanks Srimitta (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strip the spaces in file names?

please somebody tell me what is wrong with this, while the thumbnail grabbing works and encoding works, but what is not working is, mv $i.jpg /var/www/thumbs/ and mv $i.mp4 /var/www/uploads/ #!/bin/bash # MINT 9 - FFMPEG - QT-FASTSTART - X264 - MP4 DIR=/var/www/tmp for i in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysoogal
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a file in perl

Hi I need to open a file if a condition(for example a if a regular expression) is met. How do i do this ? open (file) if (some regex)..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manutd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces from start of file names

Hi, I have a directory with the following file names 01 - abc hyn 02-def 03-ghi.dir 04 - jhu.dir abc1 kil def bil The last two file names abc1 starts with one space and def starts with double space. I want these files in my directory to be renamed as ABC HYN DEF GHI.dir... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Remove leading spaces from file names and folders

Hi All, I have a vexing issue with leading spaces in file names. Basically, we're moving tons of data from our ancient afp file share to Box.com and Box forbids leading spaces in files or folders. The HFS file system seems to be perfectly fine with this, but almost all other Unix file systems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prometheon123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding size of files with spaces in their file names

I am running a UNIX script to get unused files and their sizes from the server. The issue is arising due to the spaces present in the filename/folder names.Due to this the du -k command doesn't work properly.But I need to calculate the size of all files including the ones which have spaces in them.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: INNSAV1
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)