Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculating number of records by field Post 302435623 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 09:01:02 PM
Old 07-07-2010
Give your expect output. Otherwise difficult to understand your request.

For example, how can you get the record count of 20 for SOLO_UNBEATABLE E and SOLO_UNBEATABLE F

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating field using AWK, or GAWK script

Hello all, I'm totally new to UNIX/Linux but I'm taking a course in it at my local JC. My question: I have been tasked with writing a gawk script that will create a nicely formatted report. That part I've done ok on...however, the very last thing that must be done is a calculation of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating a number

Hello all :) I need some help; I'm running the sp_spaceused command on various tables and saving the output to a file. So, I have an input file that has 3 rows - each row has 7 columns. I would like to 1) sort the file on the 4th column, 2) take the 4th column in the first row and add 25% to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating the Number of Rows and Average

Hi All I like to know how can we calculate the number of rows and the average of the values present in the file. I will not know what will be the rowcount, which will be dynamic in nature of the file. eg. 29 33 48 30 28 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting on two fields time field and number field

Hi, I have a file that has data in it that says 00:01:48.233 1212 00:01:56.233 345 00:09:01.221 5678 00:12:23.321 93444 The file has more line than this but i just wanted to put in a snippet to ask how I would get the highest number with time stamp into another file. So from the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat4519
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting non empty fields and calculating with that number

Hello all, I have a problem with a skript of mine: My input has the following format 1,33296 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000018629" 0 1,33296 0 0 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000029014" 0 0,907392 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000016905" 0,907392 0 transcript_id"ENSRNOT00000053370" 0 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print number of records, divide this number

I would like to print the number of records of 2 files, and divide the two numbers awk '{print NR}' file1 > output1 awk '{print NR}' file2 > output2 paste output1 output2 > output awl '{print $1/$2}' output > output_2 is there a faster way? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerc
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble calculating difference in number of days

Hi all, I have a requirement to calculate the difference of number of days of time stamp of a file and system date and if the difference is greater than 15 days it should prompt as previous month file otherwise current month file. Below is the code i used and it is working fine till now. (You... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance of calculating total number of matching records in multiple files

Hello Friends, I've been trying to calculate total number of a certain match in multiple data records files (DRs). Let say I have a daily created folders for each day since the beginning of july like the following drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper med 65536 Jul 1 23:59 20150701 drwxrwxrwx 2 mmsuper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Calculating number of CPUs in Solaris-8

Hello, I have few old V210/V240, running Solaris-8. I am trying to find, number of physical CPUs, number of cores and number of virtual processors. psrinfo is giving me confusing status. It looks like, there are 2 physical CPUs, but psrinfo -p shows me just 1 bash-2.03$ psrinfo -v Status of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
4 Replies
INTERFACE-ORDER(5)						    resolvconf							INTERFACE-ORDER(5)

NAME
interface-order - resolvconf configuration file DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/resolvconf/interface-order is used to control the order in which resolvconf nameserver information records are processed by those resolvconf update scripts that consult this file. (The name of the file is apt because a resolvconf nameserver information record is named after the interface with which it is associated.) The file contains a sequence of shell glob patterns, one per line. The position of a record in the order is the point at which its name first matches a pattern. Patterns may not contain whitespace, slashes or initial dots or tildes. Blank lines and lines beginning with a '#' are ignored. Resolvconf update scripts in /etc/resolvconf/update.d/ that consult this file include the current default versions of dnsmasq, pdnsd and libc. (Actually they don't read the file directly; they call the utility program /lib/resolvconf/list-records which lists records in the specified order and omits the names of empty records.) EXAMPLE
# /etc/resolvconf/interface-order # Use nameservers on the loopback interface first. lo* # Next use records for Ethernet interfaces eth* # Next use records for Wi-Fi interfaces wlan* # Next use records for PPP interfaces ppp* # Last use other interfaces * AUTHOR
Resolvconf was written by Thomas Hood <jdthood@gmail.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2011 Thomas Hood This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
resolvconf(8) resolvconf 18 May 2011 INTERFACE-ORDER(5)