Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sunfire 490 connect to IBM SAN DS4000 Post 302435292 by SmartAntz on Wednesday 7th of July 2010 11:00:59 PM
Old 07-08-2010
erm... if let say the Sunfire 490 will connect to a SAN switch only connect to the SAN DS4300, is it need extra drive to let the SAN switch recognize the server?

---------- Post updated 07-08-10 at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous update was 07-07-10 at 04:02 PM ----------

Hi all
i saw this in the IBM System Storage™ DS4000 Interoperability Matrix

Code:
Qlogic adapters are only supported if used in conjunction with IBM FAStT FC-2/133 and IBM FC 4Gbps PCI-X BIOS and Device Drivers

but i not very understand with this statement, anyone have idea?

below is my Qlogic HBA model
Code:
# fcinfo hba-port
HBA Port WWN: 23000003bab05fcb
        OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c3
        Manufacturer: QLogic Corp.
        Model: 2200
        Firmware Version: 2.1.144
        FCode/BIOS Version: ISP2200 FC-AL Host Adapter Driver: 1.15 04/03/22
        Type: L-port
        State: online
        Supported Speeds: 1Gb
        Current Speed: 1Gb
        Node WWN: 22000003bab05fcb
HBA Port WWN: 210000e08b1cc3c1
        OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1
        Model: QLA2300
        Firmware Version: 3.3.24
        FCode/BIOS Version: QLogic QLA2312 Fibre Channel Host Adapter fcode version 2.00.06 04/07/03
        Supported Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb
        Node WWN: 200000e08b1cc3c1
HBA Port WWN: 210000e08b1cf9c1
        OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2
        Model: QLA2300
        Firmware Version: 3.3.24
        FCode/BIOS Version: QLogic QLA2312 Fibre Channel Host Adapter fcode version 2.00.06 04/07/03
        Supported Speeds: 1Gb 2Gb
        Node WWN: 200000e08b1cf9c1

Last edited by SmartAntz; 07-08-2010 at 12:06 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ibm san cache battery with aix

Hi All, I would like to share this incident that happened the other day. I have a question with this, https://www.unix.com/aix/64921-create-new-vg-san-rename-fs.html And I thought it's related to the above link but the problem was the ibm san 4300 cache battery was dead and I need to click... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

First steps on Ibm SAN DS4500

Hello everyone ! Im new on Ibm San DS4500. Can you give me some tips to this, because I dont want to make a mistake. I have some questions. How can I know how much space get on the san, I cant find it. How can add more space to a partition. Do you have some tutorial about this. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

3. AIX

Question about IBM San Ds4500

I have a question about SAN commands I have almost 15Tb of disk on my san but assigned and something else I have almost 11Tb There is a command to know, what its my real total storage capacity and another command to know how much I used .? Thanks again in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to Sunfire v215 box via XStart

SUN DataBase Server (Sunfire v215) Machine addresses Server IP:10.8.104.53 Server Mgmt IP:10.8.104.51 Server hostname:memstestdb OS passwords root:********* oracle:********* ALOM (Admin/Management) Machine IP: 10.8.104.51 ALOM account and password: admin:s@vi2005 (Note: at the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jai111
2 Replies

5. AIX

MPIO RDAC IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 ?

Hello, I have AIX 6.1 with TL 4 and it is connected to IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 After assigning some disks from SAN to AIX, I can see the disks in my AIX as hdisk2 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk hdisk3 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk But it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot see the IBM SAN storage

HI all, I had recently change the Server storage from EMC to the IBM SAN. but after the configuration, the IBM success to see the server HBA port and successfully assign a LUN for the server. When i go to the server, and restarted it. i use the "format" command to check, but din see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN storage -- cache battery

Hello, I have IBM SAN STORAGE DS4100 and one of the cache battery for the controller is dead. Suddenly the performance has been degraded and access to SAN disks ( reading and writing ) became very slow ? My query: Replacing the battery will take 6 days, so in the mean time what are the ways... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM SAN STORAGE HOT SPARE DISK

Hello, I have DS4000 IBM SAN Storage ( aka FastT Storage ) One of my disks has failed and I had a hot spare disk covering all the arrays. As the disk failed, immediately the hotspare disk took over the failed disk ( see the JPEG in the attachment ) My Question: How can I make the hotspare... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. AIX

IBM AIX - SAN Storage DS4300 issue

Hi, This is follow up to the post https://www.unix.com/aix/233361-san-disk-appearing-double-aix.html When I connected Pseries Machine HBA Card ( Dual Port ) directly to the SAN Storage DS4300 , I was able to see Host Port Adapter WWN numbers , although I was getting this message... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)