Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Changing the Ip adress permanently Post 302435168 by randUSR() on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 02:10:42 PM
Old 07-06-2010
all just a matter of changin the rc.config to the new ip, thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAC-Adress

Hello I need to show my MAC-Adress on a Unix System, is there someone that know how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkochr
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IP-Adress

Hello together how can I find a ipadress from a login into remote system console? Thanks a lot Urs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

3. AIX

Capture IP Adress

hello I need for a script to capture the ip address from the connected user. I have 5 logical partitions. With "who", i have the ip adress, but only for 2 servers. Do you know another command to know the ip address of connected clients ? thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
14 Replies

4. HP-UX

Change IP Adress

I want change my IP address and hostname in my machine by use the console. Can any one tell me how can I execute that by command ? Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with regexp for IP-Adress Pattern

Hi all Unix Gurus! Since hours (even days :-)) I'm trying to find the correct pattern to search for IP addesses in text files. The pattern to find a IP address itself is not too difficult: '((||1{2}|2|2{2})\.){3,}(||1{2}|2|2{2})' BUT, of course the above pattern is also matching lines like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertchannel
9 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Obtain Mac Adress in crontab

hello, I need to obtain the Mac Adress and write him in a file. I'm trying to do this with a command in crontab, with ifconfig, but it's only possible do this if i disabled the password for run the command, but than i have security problems. I'm searching for a script (.sh) that allows me to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pedro Almeida
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get an IP adress from a file

This is probably a real n00b question but i`m not able to figure it out. I have a folder of configuration files that contain IP-adresses. The line i`m interested in looks like this: IP_ADDRESS="123.123.123.1123" Some have muliple ip adresses, so the line will look like : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaneV
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

adress traffic to tap0

Hello, I have a problem of routing traffic on two virtual interfaces I have created on my machine (CentOs6) By using tunctl I created two virtual interfaces tap1 and tap2 let s imagine I gave them two different address tap1: 10.1.1.1 net 255.255.255.0 tap2: 10.1.2.1 net 255.255.255.0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicandro
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to change IP adress of mailserver in Solaris?

Hi all, Our IT changes mailserver's IP address and I am trying to change it but with no success. I am running Solaris 10. I changed IP address of mail server in /etc/hosts file, performed make sendmail.cf but server still sends mais using old IP. Can anyone let me know which actions... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
12 Replies
IFCONFIG(1)							   User Commands						       IFCONFIG(1)

NAME
ifconfig - configure network interfaces SYNOPSIS
ifconfig [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
NAME [ADDR] [broadcast BRDADDR] [pointopoint|dstaddr DSTADDR] [netmask MASK] [metric N] [mtu N] [txqueuelen N] [up|down] [FLAGS] Configure network interfaces. -a, --all display all available interfaces -A, --address=ADDR set interface address to ADDR -B, -b, --broadcast=ADDR, --brdaddr=ADDR set broadcast address to ADDR -d, -p, --dstaddr=ADDR, --peer=ADDR set destination (peer) address to ADDR --down shut the interface down --format=FORMAT select output format (or set back to default) -F, --flags=FLAG[,FLAG...] set interface flags -i, --interface=NAME configure network interface NAME -m, --netmask=MASK set netmask to MASK --metric=N set metric of interface to N -M, --mtu=N set mtu of interface to N -s, --short short output format --up activate the interface (default if address is given) -v, --verbose output information when configuring interface Linux-specific options -T, --txqlen=N set transmit queue length to N -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. Known flags are: allmulti, automedia, debug, loopback, multicast, portsel, running, trailers, up AUTHOR
Written by Marcus Brinkmann. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for ifconfig is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and ifconfig programs are properly installed at your site, the command info ifconfig should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 IFCONFIG(1)