Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AS/400
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AS/400 Post 302435020 by kunalpatil09 on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 07:35:56 AM
Old 07-06-2010
AS/400

hi everyone,,,

Can anybody tell me that whether the AS/400 is an "operating system"
or a "Server" ?

thanks in advance....

please if possible reply urgently,,,i am waiting.....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to as-400 system

it's possible connect to as-400 system to extract file from server and calculate the data (parse the file)???? if possible , how make the operation ??? how shell language /type i use ??? tanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

2. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

permission 400

#ls -l -r-------- 1 root root 0 Oct 21 01:50 hello.txt #cat > hello.txt Hello World! ctrl+d #cat hello.txt Hello World! How come root can still write to this file even though the file is read only..? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AS/400

Hi everybody,,,, This is kunal here, I am very new to as/400 and recently started working on it in one of IT company....I am planning to have Certification exam of AS/400. Can anybody please send me the links of different sites where I can have study material of AS/400 and also the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
1 Replies

5. AIX

AS/400

Hi everybody, I am learning AS/400 and working on it as a System Administrator. Can anybody please suggest me the best blog site for AS/400....just like Unix.com for Linux / Unix administrator. So that I can get all my answers related to AS/400... thanks in advance, kunal patil :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

First 400,000 lines?

Hi, I need to C&P the first 400,000 lines of a log file into a compressed file using Putty. I already tried emailing myself using mailx (didnt send) and used head -400000 access_log > /tmp/access_log to move the relevant lines into it's own file. And when I tried increasing the scroll back max... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mbohmer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wants to create 3 users in 400 servers

I wants to create 3 users and set password for the users in 400 servers. I can run this script without error. If wants to set the password in the same command it is not working. Like that i have to create 3 users #!/usr/bin/ksh for server in `cat /tmp/servers` do echo "servername =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G0kulakrishnan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How AS 400 sorting data?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to sort data based on AS 400 sorting order. below is example: the data is sorted by ascending order. could anybody explain how AS 400 sort data? IMM00007 07918607 1242 423 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
3 Replies
Net::Server::Fork(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Net::Server::Fork(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::Fork - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::Fork); sub process_request { #...code... } __PACKAGE__->run(); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality binds to one or more ports and then waits for a client connection. When a connection is received, the server forks a child. The child handles the request and then closes. With the exception of parent/child signaling, this module will work (with basic functionality) on Win32 systems. ARGUMENTS
check_for_dead Number of seconds to wait before looking for dead children. This only takes place if the maximum number of child processes (max_servers) has been reached. Default is 60 seconds. max_servers The maximum number of children to fork. The server will not accept connections until there are free children. Default is 256 children. max_dequeue The maximum number of dequeue processes to start. If a value of zero or undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. The number of running dequeue processes will be checked by the check_for_dead variable. check_for_dequeue Seconds to wait before forking off a dequeue process. It is intended to use the dequeue process to take care of items such as mail queues. If a value of undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. CONFIGURATION FILE
See Net::Server. PROCESS FLOW
Process flow follows Net::Server until the post_accept phase. At this point a child is forked. The parent is immediately able to wait for another request. The child handles the request and then exits. HOOKS
The Fork server has the following hooks in addition to the hooks provided by the Net::Server base class. See Net::Server "$self->child_init_hook()" This hook is called just after the fork and after signals have been cleaned up. "$self->pre_accept_hook()" This hook occurs just before the accept is called. "$self->pre_fork_hook()" This hook occurs just after accept but before the fork. "$self->post_accept_hook()" This hook occurs in the child after the accept and fork. "$self->run_dequeue()" This hook only gets called in conjunction with the check_for_dequeue setting. HOT DEPLOY
Since version 2.000, the Fork server has accepted the TTIN and TTOU signals. When a TTIN is received, the max_servers is increased by 1. If a TTOU signal is received the max_servers is decreased by 1. This allows for adjusting the number of handling processes without having to restart the server. AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul@seamons.com> Rob Brown <bbb@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::SIG Net::Server::Single perl v5.14.2 2013-11-28 Net::Server::Fork(3pm)