Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse file contents in perl... Post 302435002 by pravin27 on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 06:45:12 AM
Old 07-06-2010
Hi,Try this

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
undef $/;
while (<>) {
chomp;
if ( /.*\:\sMSGTYPE\n\n.*\n\n.*\n\n.*/) { print $&,"\n"; }
}

Code:
perl perlscript inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV File parse help in Perl

Folks, I have a bit of an issue trying to obtain some data from a csv file using PERL. I can sort the file and remove any duplicates leaving only 4 or 5 rows containing data. My problem is that the data contained in the original file contains a lot more columns and when I try ro run this script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to parse the contents of comma-separated file

Dear All, I have a comma-separated file. 1. The first line of the file(header) should have 4 commas(5 fields). 2. The last line of the file should have 1 comma(2 fields). Pls help me in checking this condition in a shell script. And the number of lines between the first line and last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a perl script (windows) to delete the contents of a file

Hi All, Im having a file named logserver.txt. I want a perl script to take a backup of that file, along with the datestamp; move the file to a different location or empty the contents of the file after backup. Remember, the file gets generated when the related service starts. My condition is... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse contents in a column in a file

hi all, i am facing this problem ,please help. suppose a file contains conetnts as below: john itemspurchased/date john itempurchased/date james itempurchased/date john items purchsed/date so here i want to store john only once in a variable but retreive his 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saapa
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of a file using PERL

Hi My requirement is to read the contents of a fixed length file and validate the same. But am not able to read the contents of the file and when i tried it to print i get <blank> as an output... I used the below satatements for printing the contents ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail the contents of a file in perl

Hi, I'm trying to read the contents of a file (message.txt), put them in a mail and then mail it This is what I have thus far but I having trouble referencing the file. I'm trying to put it into an array so any ideas would be helpful ... $to='user.n@domain.com'; $from= 'username';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Help - Assigning variables to text file contents

I am looking to create a perl script which will take numbers from a simple text file, convert them from decimal to hex, and then rewrite those values in the file or create a new file with the hex numbers(whichever's easier). My text document for example would be something as simple as 1312... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samh785
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Parse Hex file into fields

Hi, I want to split/parse certain bits of the hex data into another field. Example: Input data is Word1: 4f72abfd Output: Parse bits (5 to 0) into field word1data1=0x00cd=205 decimal Parse bits (7 to 6) into field word1data2=0x000c=12 decimal etc. Word2: efff3d02 Parse bits (13 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morrbie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or perl to parse file

I have an input file attached that I am trying to parse in tab-delimanted format: The chromosomal variant column contains all the information: parse rules: 1. 4 zeros after the NC_ and the digits before the . 2. digits after the g. repeated twice separated by a tab 3. letter before the > 4.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse through a txt file PERL scripting

Below is a perl code I am trying. #!/usr/bin/perl #use strict; use warnings qw/ all FATAL /; use constant ENV_FILE => '/apps/env_data.txt'; $uenv = $ARGV; my $input = $uenv; open my $fh, '<', ENV_FILE or die sprintf qq{Unable to open "%s" for input: $!}, ENV_FILE; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)