Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to add 10000 users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers script to add 10000 users Post 302434993 by kalyankalyan on Tuesday 6th of July 2010 06:13:37 AM
Old 07-06-2010
script to add 10000 users

Hi All i have written the script to add 10000 users, when i execute the script it had no errors ,but the script is not adding the users.
pls correct me. i want it using while loop

HTML Code:

#!bin/sh
count=0
while [ $count -gt 10000 ]
do
useradd username$count
count=`expr $count + 1`
done
~

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun E 10000 scripted shutdown

Howdy all. I am trying to configure a command file to be executed from a Sparc station to an E10000 to shut down at the same time. I do not have the hardware in which to actively test the script, but I do need some guidance, and Sun's documention on the E10000 leaves alot to be desired. Here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redfoot
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Validate and Add more users one time

I need a script to validate and add more than one user at one time Field 1 - FirstName LastName Field 2 - userid Field 3 - email address Field 4 - department Validation for Field 1 No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Shell script to add users on solaris

Hi admins, I am trying to run a script to add users on solaris with password: I am using crypt for passwords: The part of my scripts is as below: if ; then echo "$username exists!" exit 1 else pass=$(perl -e 'print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files into groups of 10000

Hi Guys, First post! I've seen a few options but dont know the most efficient: I have a directory with a 150,000+ text files in it I want to merge them into files contain 10,000 files with a carriage return in between. Thanks P The following is an example but doesnt limit the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addsudoers: A script to add users or groups into /etc/sudoers

Well, sudo is a great tool for delegating permissions among admins. But, it's really hard to find a great tool which would give an interactive way of editing /etc/sudoers file. Now, when I say "editing", I really refer to add new groups, users, aliases in the /etc/sudoers file. visudo is great... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQL script with 86000 lines: new files with only 10000 lines (per file)

Hi this is my SQL script $ wc -l insert_into_customers.sql 85601 insert_into_customers.sqlI wish to cut this file into 9 files each 10000 lines (the last one less) $ wc -l insert_into_customers_00*.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_001.sql 10000 insert_into_customers_002.sql ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add new users to a group on multiple servers using SSH

Hi Experts, I am new to scripting. We have around 400 Linux servers in our environment. I want to add a new user to a perticular group on all the servers using SSH. Requirements: 1) Need to take the server names from a text file. 2) Login into each server and check whether perticular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satya1983
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to for awk print divide value more than 10000?

I have a text file with data in the following format. 042240.Thor!Loki: Asgard>Seus>/usr/Valhalla/Niflheim/Asgardianos/Seus.ec@266:Service Success => Diff time: 25689 msec, Energy loss = 212, Subr = 6969] 042240.Thor!Cap: Asgard>Hera>/usr/Valhalla/Niflheim/Asgardianos/Hera.ec@252:Begin call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies
stack(n)							Tcl Data Structures							  stack(n)

NAME
stack - Create and manipulate stack objects SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require struct ?1.2.1? stackName option ?arg arg ...? stackName clear stackName destroy stackName peek ?count? stackName pop ?count? stackName push item ?item ...? stackName size DESCRIPTION
The ::struct::stack command creates a new stack object with an associated global Tcl command whose name is stackName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the stack. It has the following general form: stackName option ?arg arg ...? Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for stack objects: stackName clear Remove all items from the stack. stackName destroy Destroy the stack, including its storage space and associated command. stackName peek ?count? Return the top count items of the stack, without removing them from the stack. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are no items on the stack, this command will return count empty strings. stackName pop ?count? Return the top count items of the stack, and remove them from the stack. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are no items on the stack, this command will return count empty strings. stackName push item ?item ...? Push the item or items specified onto the stack. If more than one item is given, they will be pushed in the order they are listed. stackName size Return the number of items on the stack. KEYWORDS
queue, matrix, tree, graph struct 1.2.1 stack(n)