Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to remove swap file sys without reboot? Post 302434761 by ygemici on Monday 5th of July 2010 04:52:25 AM
Old 07-05-2010
Any error?
is it successfull when you umount to this volume?

ok problem already solved Smilie

Last edited by ygemici; 07-05-2010 at 07:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Transfer whole file sys from one server to another

Hi, well i am not that good in shell prog. and just shifted to do this work. i was assigned to look all the dir/ sub-dir in a folder like /usr who are the owners, users and groups for the respective dir/sub-dir. its really a hectic process to see each n every file. i used the command...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnadvn
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to remove the stale entry without a reboot??

my AIX server used to have scsi disk hdisk4. Now i removed that disk. But still it is still listed in lspv. So how can i remove the stale entry of it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navadeep
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys-unconfig doesn't work after reboot

Hi All! I'm running "Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC" on M5000. I ran sys-unconfig and after the machine rebooted the system did not prompt me for configuration info (system name, ip address, etc). I have also modified /etc/.sysIDtool.state changing all "1" to "0" and touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Swap device file and swap sapce

Hi I have an integrity machine rx7620 and rx8640 running hp-ux 11.31. I'm planning to fine tune the system: - I would like to know when does the memory swap space spill over to the device swap space? - And how much % of memory swap utilization should be specified (swap space device... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory --> MACOSX 10.6.4

duplicate thread I need a real help to compile a small program which compiles fine with g++ in Linux machines. However I need to compile-it in my machine with g++. I have this problem and I dont know how to solve it: sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory could someone please help me? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory --> MACOSX 10.6.4

I need a real help to compile a small program which compiles fine with g++ in Linux machines. However I need to compile-it in my machine with g++. I have this problem and I dont know how to solve it: sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory could someone please help me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Name file with sys date

Hi, I would like to rename log files with sys date as extension. eg xyz.log --> xyz.log.01-21-2011 How do I do this? Any hints? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil.k
1 Replies

9. Programming

#include file <sys/libcsys.h>: not found

Hi, Currently am working on pooling of messages from one host to another.. I included "#include <sys/libcsys.h>" library in my C code.. But I found in the output as, #include file <sys/libcsys.h>: not found I know that "libcsys.h" library is used for kernel extensions.. I can't figure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

10. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
vxvmboot(1M)															      vxvmboot(1M)

NAME
vxvmboot - prepare Veritas Volume Manager volume as a root, boot, primary swap or dump volume SYNOPSIS
/sbin/vxvmboot [-b|-d|-r|-s] [-v] -o offset -l length rawpath /sbin/vxvmboot -v rawpath /sbin/vxvmboot -c DESCRIPTION
The vxvmboot command updates information in the LABEL file for the lif disk specified by the pathname of its character (raw) device node, rawpath. The volume at the specified offset and length becomes the boot, root, primary swap or dump volume when the system is next booted. This command is normally invoked by the vxbootsetup utility. OPTIONS
-b Specifies the volume type as a boot volume with name standvol. -c Is used to update the /stand/rootconf file with the offset and length of the rootvol. The usage is slightly different when the -c argument is used. The rawpath argument is not used with this invocation. Instead the path of the boot device is extracted from the /stand/bootconf file. Also, the -o and -l arguments are not used to specify the offset and length. Instead, the offset and length of the rootvol are obtained from the LIF LABEL file on the boot device. The -c option would normally be used in the sbin/ioinitrc script to update the /stand/rootconf file, when the boot disk is VxVM rootable. -d Specifies the volume type as a dump volume with name dumpvol. If a dumpvol volume exists on the specified disk, the extent information from this volume is used. If no such volume exists, the extent information of the swap volume is used instead, and swapvol performs the dual role of swap device and dump device. -l length Specifies the length of the volume in units of 1024-byte blocks. -o offset Specifies the start of the volume as the number of 1024-byte blocks from the beginning of the disk. -r Specifies the volume type as a root volume with name rootvol. -s Specifies the volume type as a swap volume with name swapvol. -v When used with one of the options -b, -d, -r or -s, displays the contents of the updated LABEL file. Otherwise, this option may be used to display the contents of the LABEL file on the specified lif disk. Note: The -b, -c, -d, -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. If more than one of these options is specified, the vxvmboot com- mand exits without performing any operation. ARGUMENTS
rawpath Specifies the pathname of the character (raw) device node for the lif disk. SEE ALSO
lif(4), mkboot(1M), vxbootsetup(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxvmboot(1M)