Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how can i know this processor quad or dual core ? Post 302434760 by maxim42 on Monday 5th of July 2010 04:51:26 AM
Old 07-05-2010
if this the output "processor model: 1 Intel(R) Itanium 2 processor" then we can say dual core
i need to see the output of quad core of machine

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with dual processor system

Firstly, here are the main system specs: 2x Pentium III 800MHz MSI 694D Pro 4x 256MB PC133 SDRAM 420WATT Vantec PSU In a nut shell, the systems reboots for no apparent reason while starting/installing up any OS when both processors are installed. I've ran memtest86 for several hours, no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeps
1 Replies

2. Linux

linux for dual core processor

hi all I bought a new MSI motherboard and intel dual core processor . i have currently installed fedora core 3 for which audio is not detected . can u tell me which version of fedora core will support as i have tried with fedora core 6 which gets installed but gives a error while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between Dual-core & Core-to-duo

Can anybody tell What is the exact difference between a Dual-core processor and a Core-to-duo processor ?Advance thanks to all my friends. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

finding no of core in processor

Hi, what is command to find out no of core per procssor? Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

5. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

6. Programming

C POSIX: Analyze a Boggle board using 100% CPU on a quad core.

I have written the worlds most advanced lexicon data structure in order to score a Boggle Board using a parallel algorithm. I ran into a problem. Using mutexes and condition variables did not allow me to use 100% of the CPU resources on my quad core Q9450. I wonder if the problem is that the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeavyJ
8 Replies

7. Linux Benchmarks

AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, Ram: 3.6 GB, Foxconn 7da-s and Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64

CPU/Speed: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor Ram: 3.6 GB Motherboard: Foxconn 7da-s Bus: Cache: Controller: Disk: Load: Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 Kernel ELF?: pgms: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migracho
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Check Memory if Single/Dual/Quad Rank

What command in redhat linux to know your memory if it is single, dual or quad rank. Anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
2 Replies
GCORE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GCORE(1)

NAME
gcore - get core image of running process SYNOPSIS
gcore [-s][-c core] pid DESCRIPTION
gcore creates a core image of each specified process, suitable for use with adb(1). By default the core image is written to the file <pid>.core. The options are: -c Write the core file to the specified file instead of <pid>.core. -s Stop the process while creating the core image and resume it when done. This makes sure that the core dump will be in a consistent state. The process is resumed even if it was already stopped. Of course, you can obtain the same result by manually stopping the process with kill(1). The core image name was changed from core.<pid> to <pid>.core to prevent matching names like core.h and core.c when using programs such as find(1). FILES
<process-id>.core The core image. BUGS
If gcore encounters an error while creating the core image and the -s option was used the process will remain stopped. Swapped out processes and system processes (the swapper) may not be gcore'd. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 15, 1994 GCORE(1)