Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Make command performs badly and refuses to compile on 200000 files Post 302434619 by methyl on Saturday 3rd of July 2010 10:08:07 PM
Old 07-03-2010
Question is too obfuscated for me. Suggest your refer this to HP with full evidence.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files till the size is less than 200000.

Hi, I need your help. Suppose I have a directory called /home/rooh This directory contains files and directories. For ex drwxr-xr-x 3 rooha arboradm 96 Apr 6 03:24 batches drwxr-xr-x 2 rooha arboradm 96 Apr 6 03:21 worker -rw-rw-rw- 1 rooha arboradm ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

who to compile needed libs with Make

Hello all my project is contains 2 directories, 2 directories are building library and one for the executable that using the libes from the other 2 Now what im doing is compiling first the 2 libs directories and then the main directory. But I will like to automate the process and to be able ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Solaris

PHP 5.3 compile on Solaris 10 : make distclean :: fatal error

I'm trying to install PHP 5.3 on Solaris 10 . I'm using etc/apache2 and installed mysql 5.1.39. When I tried to compile PHP 5.3, with the following configure text, ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local \... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppa108
21 Replies

4. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to tar files to packages less then 200000 bytes

Trying to write program to archive files from a file system. I got some problem with appropriate selection of files in regard to size. Algorithm basic : ----------------- 1. Remotely executes on machine ls cmd and its output redirects and sorts by size of a files : # cd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running rename command on large files and make it faster

Hi All, I have some 80,000 files in a directory which I need to rename. Below is the command which I am currently running and it seems, it is taking fore ever to run this command. This command seems too slow. Is there any way to speed up the command. I have have GNU Parallel installed on my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
6 Replies

8. Linux

Is it possible to insert compile module after compiled "make" without installing

Hi gud day, I would like to ask if possible to load the driver i compiled module without installing it in the ubuntu-kernel-distro/updates* or simple not executing "make install". what i mean is i compile the compat wireless driver using make and i want to try to load on the system without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

9. Programming

Using basic UNIX commands to make/compile JAVA files

Hello! This is my first post, and I just learned what UNIX was this week. For a JAVA programming class I am taking, I must be able to create a directory in UNIX, use the nano command to create a JAVA program, compile it, and then run it on the command prompt using the java command. For some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNdvoItX
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run compile command make as another user

Hello I'm trying to compile LibreOffice core from github.com. But this can - as far as I know - not be done as root user. So I compiled it as login user (the user as I log in) and compilation works. Now I try to compile LibreOffice core as a user I created using useradd: useradd -r -U -m... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: go4bash
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)