Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: more f skips two pages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers more f skips two pages Post 302434558 by nokiak810 on Saturday 3rd of July 2010 10:39:23 AM
Old 07-03-2010
Java more f skips two pages

Hi,

I am new to linux. I am using more command to view the contents of a file. If the file has many pages i am using f to move forward to the next page.

But when i press f it skips to two pages instead of one page. i checked the man more.

It shows the default is 1. Please share your thoughts.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pages out

okay.. have monitored that the page out/h max and avg have been 0 for one week. is this possible...? huge applications will have swap space being utilised ... so i am suprised that for one whole week, it has actually been zero please advise thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Cron Skips Execution

Hi All, I got a very strange problem, i have created a cron schedule that will run a programme once in every 12 mins, like 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /myf/startProcessA 1> &- Some time the cron skips the execution such as 04,28 instead of executing at 16 mins. it starts execution at 28, i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

why read line skips some lines...

Dear Guru: This has got to be a difficult question, as I've worked on it for a good amount of time now & still puzzled... So here is the simplified logic in my code: while read LINE do #install a pkg with the name extracted from this line install_pkg name done <... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget skips certain files.

I am trying to use wget to automate downloading of some mp3/wav files. However, I can't get it to follow the link to the mp3s. This is the line (it is not really the website): wget -prl 1 http://website.com/alarmsHowever, if I right-click and copy the link on the webpage in firefox, then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script skips "read" command

This script is supposed to display a file ( crontab ), ask the user if they wish to update the file, then it goes through an update routine. #!/bin/bash FILE=/etc/crontab tail -5 $FILE echo -n "Does crontab need updating" read HOURS ...routines ....etc... Runs locally... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut command skips spaces

Hi everyone I have a file looks like this X01 1 JOE 20100312 X02 TOD 20100312 X03 3 SAM 20100312 I wrote a script to assign the values in 5 columns to 5 variables. When I use cut command to assign column 2 or 3, it skips it if it is a space (see below) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop that skips the header line of a file (csh)

Hello all, I'm working on a foreach loop to compare a couple sets of data. However, each datafile includes a header row. I'm wondering if it is possible to tell the foreach loop to skip the first line of data. I've been using the basic code as follows: foreach line ("`file.csv`") set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meteorologistks
2 Replies
MIGRATEPAGES(8) 					   Linux Administrator's Manual 					   MIGRATEPAGES(8)

NAME
migratepages - Migrate the physical location a processes pages SYNOPSIS
migratepages pid from-nodes to-nodes DESCRIPTION
migratepages moves the physical location of a processes pages without any changes of the virtual address space of the process. Moving the pages allows one to change the distances of a process to its memory. Performance may be optimized by moving a processes pages to the node where it is executing. If multiple nodes are specified for from-nodes or to-nodes then an attempt is made to preserve the relative location of each page in each nodeset. For example if we move from nodes 2-5 to 7,9,12-13 then the preferred mode of operation is to move pages from 2->7, 3->9, 4->12 and 5->13. However, this is only posssible if enough memory is available. Valid node specifiers all All nodes number Node number number1{,number2} Node number1 and Node number2 number1-number2 Nodes from number1 to number2 ! nodes Invert selection of the following specification. NOTES
Requires an NUMA policy aware kernel with support for page migration (linux 2.6.16 and later). migratepages will only move pages that are not shared with other processes if called by a user without administrative priviledges (but with the right to modify the process). migratepages will move all pages if invoked from root (or a user with administrative priviledges). FILES
/proc/<pid>/numa_maps for information about the NUMA memory use of a process. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2006 Christoph Lameter, Silicon Graphics, Inc. migratepages is under the GNU General Public License, v.2 SEE ALSO
numactl(8) , set_mempolicy(2) , get_mempolicy(2) , mbind(2) , sched_setaffinity(2) , sched_getaffinity(2) , proc(5) , ftok(3) , shmat(2) , taskset(1) SGI
Jan 2005 MIGRATEPAGES(8)