Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting NR==FNR for getting Col4 value from 2nd file Post 302433860 by bartus11 on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 06:32:33 PM
Old 06-30-2010
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$2]=$3;next}{print $0,a[$0]}' OFS="\t" bar foo > barfoo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: different between NR and FNR

As I know: FNR: The ordinal number of the current record in the current file. NR: The ordinal number of the current record from the start of input. I don't understand really differency between NR and FNR. Who can explain it for me? And give me an example. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anhtt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove values of a file one by one from 2nd file and then print the remaining values of 2nd file

Hi all, I have 2 files. One contains only 1 column and other one contains 2 columns, let say 1_col.txt and 2_col.txt respectively. Here, I will try to explain with an example. Input files : 1_col.txt 2_col.txt a a b x a c p ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FNR>2 is not working and unable to extract data from a file

Hi, I have a file in windows environment and moved to UNIX through FTP (ASCII format). The file is having with tab delimited file. awk ‘FNR>2' file_cust*.txt >>filnal.txt I have the same file in production; it is working fine with the same procedure. Once we receive the file in windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NR=FNR

cat file1 1 a b c 2 d e f 3 a f r cat file2 a c e output should be 1 3 means: if field 1 of file2 matches filed 2 of file1 then print field 1 of file1 I know that it can be done using awk NR=FNR. But not able to acheive it. Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan4uster
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk FNR==NR question

awk -F'' 'FNR==NR {a=$2; next} {$1=a} 1' $useralias ${entries} >> ${entries}_2 Hi, Is there anyway to alter this command so that if it does not find a match it will just leave the line alone instead of replacing what it doesn't find with a blank space? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NR==FNR confusions

This has been asked and answered hundreds of times, but I can't understand the syntax of awk's NR==FNR trick for merging files and printing the correct columns. Here's my File 1 1 rs8179466 224176 A ADD 1037 1.066 0.1421 0.8065 1.408 0.4468 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roofus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use NA and FNR?

Hi i have file1: conn=232257 client=16218.19488.218.86:51237 protocol=LDAP file2: conn=232257 dn="uid=apple,ou=xxxx,ou=usfgfhfers,dc=example,dc=com" conn=232370 dn="uid=ball,ou=yyyyyy,ou=usfhfhfhers,dc=example,dc=com" In the output file it should match first column from above both files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tip: alternative for NR==FNR in awk

Example: $ cat file1 2 3$ cat file2 1 2 3 4 5 6The following awk script works like a charm, NR==FNR is true for file1, the remainder runs for file2: awk ' NR==FNR {A; next} ($1 in A) ' file1 file2 2 3Now have an empty file1: >file1and run the awk script again. The result is empty... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Alternative for NR==FNR

Hi, I have an issue with the below script nawk 'NR==FNR{a=$4" "$5}NR>FNR{print NF?$0:a"\n";if(/^cn:/) x=$0}' FS="" in1.txt in2.txt > out1.txt It is taking too long to get a string from in1.text, search for the string in in2.txt and create a new file out1.txt. Is there any alternative way we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samingla
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using NR==FNR Command

Dear All, I have below two files with me: file 1: A|B E|F C|D file 2: A|X|Y R|T|I C|V|N I want to compare 1st column of each file and than print both columns of file 1 and column 2 and 3 of file 2 Sample required output in regards to above files is below: A|B|X|Y C|D|V|N (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nebula
5 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)