Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows to UNIX issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Windows to UNIX issues Post 302433623 by methyl on Wednesday 30th of June 2010 06:25:44 AM
Old 06-30-2010
What Operating System are you running?
If a "stty" command is not in a "stty -a" display, it does not exist.
You may have to omit the "stty -oproc" command completely and redesign your screen layout. Interfering with what happens when the user enters data is not normal practice.
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11

Hi, I was hoping that somebody could assist me with the following issue. I recently installed a windows 7 64 bit professional on a desktop with following specs: Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450. (Which was a upgrade of a xp 32 bit based system) Since I'm more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristofvdo
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues with passwordless sftp2 from windows to Linux using F-Secure SSH Client

Hi, I am facing problems whie trying to do a passwordless ssh to Unix box from windows. Public key was generated using F-secure. When the F-secure client attempts it connects without password but when I try to use sftp2 in command line it prompts for password. I have tried several options and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhrajj
0 Replies
odld(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   odld(8)

NAME
odld - Daemon that supports the Software On-Demand Loading (SoftODL) service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/odld user-id group-id odl-db OPERANDS
Identifies the user process. Specifies the group to which the user belongs. Specifies the location of font files accessed by the daemon. DESCRIPTION
The odld daemon supports the Software On-Demand Loading (SoftODL) service. This service handles font files for user-defined characters. It is available only when optional Tru64 UNIX subsets with software for Chinese, Japanese, or Korean are installed on the system. The odld daemon processes the font loading requests issued by the Asian terminal driver (atty) through the utx pseudo device driver. The odl parameter of the stty command spawns the odld daemon (see stty(1)). The stty command includes additional parameters that affect SoftODL operation. FILES
The utx device special files SEE ALSO
Commands: stty(1), utxd(8) Files: cp_dirs(4), atty(7), utx(7) Others: odl(5) odld(8)