Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recalculating frequencies
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recalculating frequencies Post 302433450 by Xterra on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 05:29:53 PM
Old 06-29-2010
It is not working on my end

I tried one more time and it did not combine the last 2. The order is random but I still can see those 2 sequences. Instead of ending up with 5 differen sequences my file contains 6. I have modified the test data and definitively is not working. I entered 1 more sequence (freq 10) identical to the first 2 at the very end of the file and it did not combine it with the other 2.

Last edited by Xterra; 06-29-2010 at 06:34 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending lines with word frequencies, ordering and indexing a column

Dear All, I have the following input data: w1 20 g1 w1 10 g1 w2 12 g1 w2 23 g1 w3 10 g1 w3 17 g1 w3 12.5 g1 w3 21 g1 w4 11 g1 w4 13.2 g1 w4 23 g1 w4 18 g1 First I seek to find the word frequencies in col1 and sort col2 in ascending order for each change in a col1 word. Second,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghetz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Frequencies in a File

hello, I have a file which has the following structure: word <TAB> frequency The same word can have multiple frequencies: John <TAB> 60 John <TAB> 20 John <TAB> 30 Mary <TAB> 1000 Mary <TAB> 800 Mary <TAB> 20 What I need is a script which could merge all these frequencies into one single... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of extra spaces in *.log files to allow extraction of frequencies

Our university has upgraded its version of a computational chemistry program that our group uses quite regularly. In the past we have been able to extract frequency spectra from log files that are generated. Since the upgrade, the viewing program errors out. I've been able to trace down the changes... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsuchem
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gaps and frequencies

I have this infile: >GHL8OVD01BNNCA Freq 10 TAGATGTGCCCGTGGGTTTCCCGTCAACACCGGATAGT-GCAGCA-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVT Freq 1 TTGATGTCGTGGGTTTCCCGTCAACACCGGCAAATAGT-GCAGCA-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVT Freq 1 TTGATGTGCCAGTTTCCCGTCTAGCAGCACTACCAGGACCTTCGC-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVW Freq 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies
VITMP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  VITMP(1)

NAME
vitmp - edit temporary files SYNOPSIS
vitmp [VIM options] FILE... DESCRIPTION
vitmp is a wrapper around the VIM editor which may be used to invoke the editor in a way that is guaranteed to be suitable for editing tem- porary files used with programs such as crontab(1) and edquota(8). The instance of the editor that is invoked is /bin/vi. In particular, it is guaranteed that the file, if edited, will be overwritten in place such that the modified contents may be read back via a previously obtained file descriptor. Invoking the editor via vitmp also makes sure that no additional editor temporary files are used. Please note that vitmp offers no crash recovery capabilities. If the editor crashes during the overwrite, data may be lost. HISTORY
vitmp first appeared in Openwall GNU/*/Linux 1.0. AUTHORS
Solar Designer <solar@owl.openwall.com> SEE ALSO
crontab(1), vi(1), vim(1), edquota(8) Openwall Project 25 April 2002 VITMP(1)