Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recalculating frequencies
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recalculating frequencies Post 302433448 by bartus11 on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 05:22:26 PM
Old 06-29-2010
That is weird, cause I just tried that on your test data and it did combine those lines. Keep in mind that this command outputs those records in random order. Also double check if you copied the code properly.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending lines with word frequencies, ordering and indexing a column

Dear All, I have the following input data: w1 20 g1 w1 10 g1 w2 12 g1 w2 23 g1 w3 10 g1 w3 17 g1 w3 12.5 g1 w3 21 g1 w4 11 g1 w4 13.2 g1 w4 23 g1 w4 18 g1 First I seek to find the word frequencies in col1 and sort col2 in ascending order for each change in a col1 word. Second,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghetz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Frequencies in a File

hello, I have a file which has the following structure: word <TAB> frequency The same word can have multiple frequencies: John <TAB> 60 John <TAB> 20 John <TAB> 30 Mary <TAB> 1000 Mary <TAB> 800 Mary <TAB> 20 What I need is a script which could merge all these frequencies into one single... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of extra spaces in *.log files to allow extraction of frequencies

Our university has upgraded its version of a computational chemistry program that our group uses quite regularly. In the past we have been able to extract frequency spectra from log files that are generated. Since the upgrade, the viewing program errors out. I've been able to trace down the changes... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsuchem
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gaps and frequencies

I have this infile: >GHL8OVD01BNNCA Freq 10 TAGATGTGCCCGTGGGTTTCCCGTCAACACCGGATAGT-GCAGCA-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVT Freq 1 TTGATGTCGTGGGTTTCCCGTCAACACCGGCAAATAGT-GCAGCA-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVT Freq 1 TTGATGTGCCAGTTTCCCGTCTAGCAGCACTACCAGGACCTTCGC-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVW Freq 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies
TCFTEST(1)							   Tokyo Cabinet							TCFTEST(1)

NAME
tcftest - test cases of the fixed-length database API DESCRIPTION
The command `tcftest' is a utility for facility test and performance test. This command is used in the following format. `path' specifies the path of a database file. `rnum' specifies the number of iterations. `width' specifies the width of the value of each record. `lim- siz' specifies the limit size of the database file. tcftest write [-mt] [-nl|-nb] [-rnd] path rnum [width [limsiz]] Store records with keys of 8 bytes. They change as `00000001', `00000002'... tcftest read [-mt] [-nl|-nb] [-wb] [-rnd] path Retrieve all records of the database above. tcftest remove [-mt] [-nl|-nb] [-rnd] path Remove all records of the database above. tcftest rcat [-mt] [-nl|-nb] [-pn num] [-dai|-dad|-rl] path rnum [limsiz]] Store records with partway duplicated keys using concatenate mode. tcftest misc [-mt] [-nl|-nb] path rnum Perform miscellaneous test of various operations. tcftest wicked [-mt] [-nl|-nb] path rnum Perform updating operations selected at random. Options feature the following. -mt : call the function `tcfdbsetmutex'. -nl : enable the option `FDBNOLCK'. -nb : enable the option `FDBLCKNB'. -rnd : select keys at random. -wb : use the function `tcfdbget4' instead of `tcfdbget2'. -pn num : specify the number of patterns. -dai : use the function `tcfdbaddint' instead of `tcfdbputcat'. -dad : use the function `tcfdbadddouble' instead of `tcfdbputcat'. -rl : set the length of values at random. This command returns 0 on success, another on failure. SEE ALSO
tcfmttest(1), tcfmgr(1), tcfdb(3), tokyocabinet(3) Man Page 2011-02-12 TCFTEST(1)