Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how to upgrade from 11iv2 to 11iv3 Post 302433352 by maxim42 on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 09:43:21 AM
Old 06-29-2010
thanks i 'll try

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help for Upgrade

hi administrator i need help to find solution for this . i have sun fire v880 server with configuration metioned below sun fire v880 2*750 MHz UltraSPARC 111 with 4 GB Memory ( 256*16 ) 36*6 GB hard disks( Internal) with other configuration and now i need to upgrade this server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhasanka
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

UX 11iV2 - No ping by hostname

Hi. I just installed the HP-UX 11i V2. I have problems with CDE - it is inoperative (after logon there is a message box: messaging system failure - or something like that, it asks to check /etc/hosts and network settings). nslookup works by hostname and IP, hostname shown the correct... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

MOUNT FTP 11iv2

Hi Gurus, Is there any module like FUSE to mount a ftp dir on HP-UX?? Please Help. Vouchy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vouchy
0 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP-UX 11iv3 crash on integrity bl870c during os kernel boot

I have a problem it seems to me as kernel panic during os booting i attached screen shots for the error (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

After becoming HP UX 11iV3 System Admin

What is a logical step forward to learn much more about HP UX? Learn HP Integrity BladeSystem Administration or learn more about scripting? Learn more about storage? Can someone tell me how to become more effective? I am already working with HP UX everyday. Thanks a lot for every reply I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: velde_van_der_a
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HPUX 11iV3 get Memory Usage report

Hello, Is there a way to get a Memory Usage report of for example one month?? I do know glance -m, top, swapinfo -tam and SAM. But that's all real time memory stuff. I do want to create a report/graph for a longer period. It concerns a Superdome 2 with HPUX 11iV3 Anyone? Many thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: velde_van_der_a
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Hpux 11iV3 administration document

I require Hpux 11iv3 administration document if anyone could assist with the same it would be a great help. The Hp site does not have any consolidated document that could be referred to. I require something in line that could assist with network configuration and more. I require the same for Build... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
3 Replies
relup(5)							       Files								  relup(5)

NAME
relup - Release upgrade file DESCRIPTION
The release upgrade file describes how a release is upgraded in a running system. This file is automatically generated by systools:make_relup/3,4 , using a release resource file ( .rel ), application resource files ( .app ) and application upgrade files ( .appup ) as input. FILE SYNTAX
In a target system, the release upgrade file should be located in the OTP_ROOT/erts-EVsn/Vsn directory. The relup file contains one single Erlang term, which defines the instructions used to upgrade the release. The file has the following syn- tax: {Vsn, [{UpFromVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...], [{DownToVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...]}. * Vsn = string() is the current version of the release. * UpFromVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to upgrade from. * Descr = term() is a user defined parameter passed from the systools:make_relup/3,4 function. It will be used in the return value of release_handler:install_release/1,2 . * Instructions is a list of low-level release upgrade instructions, see appup(5) . It consists of the release upgrade instructions from the respective application upgrade files (high-level instructions are translated to low-level instructions), in the same order as in the start script. * DownToVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to downgrade to. When upgrading from UpFromVsn with release_handler:install_release/1,2 , there does not have to be an exact match of versions, but UpFromVsn can be a sub-string of the current release version. SEE ALSO
app(5), appup(5), rel(5), release_handler(3erl), systools(3erl) Ericsson AB sasl 2.1.9.3 relup(5)