Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with nfs sharing, permission denied for writing. Post 302433336 by Al-Mothafar on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 08:56:14 AM
Old 06-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
What system is mounting that directory? Another Solaris?

No, the two machines are the same (same system specification and same operation system version)

after running the more /etc/release command in the both the result was :

in m1

Code:
# more /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 24 March 2008

in m2
Code:
# more /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 24 March 2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied using VI on my NFS

Hi Friends, I have problem using VI on my NFS as a user. But root does not. When I tried to vi .cshrc, I have this error msg pops out jennifer_hostname > vi .cshrc "/var/tmp/Ex???? : Permission Denied" jennifer_hostname > Does any of you encounter this problem before or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

BSD Permission Denied Problem

I'm new to *nixs and I decided to start with FreeBSD. I downloaded the ISO and installed it successfully, and managed to log in as root. Now everytime I try to enter into a directory ( I think thats what Im doing) such as /etc or /usr I always will get a permission denied. Any help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phyber
2 Replies

3. Linux

Problem in sharing Symlink via NFS

Hi, I have created symlink under /. It is /latest Pointing to /home/users/neel_prog_V1.0. (Note: I have created this symlink so that when version get changed I will need to change only symlink instead of doing changes in /etc/exports.) I have shared this symlink with NFS. in /etc/exports I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS Mount: Permission Denied

Hi, - I have two solaris 10 servers. One is running nfs server (let's call it server-1) and has a share set through /etc/dfs/dfstab file: share -F nfs /opt/SHARE (where SHARE directory contains sub-items that I want to share) - On server-1, I have started the nfs server service and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackola
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied problem

I am trying to tidy our server and write cron to keep it tidy. We took on a third party to do some work last year. They were given their own UID/pwd so that they would have limited access. Part of what they wrote created an archive file at the end of every day. A year on and we don't want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RexJacobus
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nfs permission denied failure

I think I must be drain bamaged... I'm just trying to export an NFS share and mount it on a client. Should be really easy but I'm failing! Here's the set up: Server: OS: Centos 5.3 Name: fileprint-0 (aliases fp00, fs00) Exported directory: /home/ESE Client: OS: Centos 5.3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaganian
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied creating file under nfs mount

I have two servers, 82 and 70. My exports file on 82 reads / ...70(rw) on 70 I have a mountpoint called mnt_for_82 I execute on 70 mount -t nfs -o rw ...82:/ mnt_for_82 I go to server 70 and indeed can read and travers the mounted subdirectories. However, I try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
0 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with Apache, permission denied

Just installed apache 2.2.17 and I can start up the httpd server without any errors. However when I try to access my scripts in /cgi-bin/ I'm getting the following error in error_log: Can't open perl script "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/ldapsearch.cgi": Permission denied Premature end of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
4 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS in Solaris 9 - Permission denied

nfs mount: Permission denied Guy's in Solaris 9 I'm trying to mount the below mount point as nfs in clinet mount -F nfs -o rw 171.13.10.20:/shared /app but I'm getting the below message !!! bash-2.05# mount -F nfs -o rw 171.13.10.20:/shared /app nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Permission denied cp -r

Hi I am administrator in unix I want make backup folder and file in root directory I use instruction Cp -r , But the system pear problem cp: cannot create regular file : Permission denied Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong??? please... find other instruction backup folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xactor
1 Replies
JTDIFF(1)							   User Commands							 JTDIFF(1)

NAME
jtdiff - Regression Test Harness DESCRIPTION
Compare Options -r | -reason Include the reason string in the comparison, as well as the type (i.e. Passed, Failed, etc.) -s | -super Perform a "super-diff" looking for result sets within a directory hierarchy. The hierarchy must be arranged as follows: PATH/PLAT- FORM/YEAR/DAY_OF_YEAR/TEST_RESULTS, where PATH is given by the single directory argument, PLATFORM is the name of the platform on which the tests were run, YEAR and DAY_OF_YEAR are numbers identifying when the tests were run, and TESTSUITE_RESULTS is a fixed string identifying when to find the result set in the hierarchy. The default is "JTreport/text/summary.txt", but it can be set to a different value by setting the system property "jtdiff.super.testResults". It may identify any source of results acceptable to a standard invocation of jtdiff. Set system property jtdiff.html.compact=true for a more output format, with symbols replacing the words "pass" (check mark), "fail" (cross), "error" (cross in a circle), and "not run" (horizontal bar). Help Options Options for additional help and information -h [words...] | -help [words...] | -usage [words...] Command line help. Give words to see help info containing those or use "-help all" to see all available help. -version Give information about the version of jtdiff in use. Output Options Options to customize the output -format:html|text Output format. If not specified, it is inferred from the extension of the output file. -o:<file> | -outFile:<file> File to which to write the results -title:<string> Title to use for the results jtdiff can also be run with Ant. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. jtdiff options... [directory|file]... For brief details about a topic, use "-help <term> ...". The argument <term> is a command option or other word related to the topic. Use "-help all" to show all of the help entries. Information is available for the following topics. Compare Options Output Options Options to customize the output Help Options Options for additional help and information Input Files Input files can be any of work directories, report directories, or the summary.txt files in a report directory. jtdiff can also be run with Ant. Copyright (C) 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for jtdiff is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and jtdiff programs are properly installed at your site, the command info jtdiff should give you access to the complete manual. jtdiff Usage: July 2011 JTDIFF(1)