Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with nfs sharing, permission denied for writing. Post 302433336 by Al-Mothafar on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 08:56:14 AM
Old 06-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
What system is mounting that directory? Another Solaris?

No, the two machines are the same (same system specification and same operation system version)

after running the more /etc/release command in the both the result was :

in m1

Code:
# more /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 24 March 2008

in m2
Code:
# more /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 5/08 s10s_u5wos_10 SPARC
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 24 March 2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied using VI on my NFS

Hi Friends, I have problem using VI on my NFS as a user. But root does not. When I tried to vi .cshrc, I have this error msg pops out jennifer_hostname > vi .cshrc "/var/tmp/Ex???? : Permission Denied" jennifer_hostname > Does any of you encounter this problem before or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

BSD Permission Denied Problem

I'm new to *nixs and I decided to start with FreeBSD. I downloaded the ISO and installed it successfully, and managed to log in as root. Now everytime I try to enter into a directory ( I think thats what Im doing) such as /etc or /usr I always will get a permission denied. Any help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phyber
2 Replies

3. Linux

Problem in sharing Symlink via NFS

Hi, I have created symlink under /. It is /latest Pointing to /home/users/neel_prog_V1.0. (Note: I have created this symlink so that when version get changed I will need to change only symlink instead of doing changes in /etc/exports.) I have shared this symlink with NFS. in /etc/exports I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS Mount: Permission Denied

Hi, - I have two solaris 10 servers. One is running nfs server (let's call it server-1) and has a share set through /etc/dfs/dfstab file: share -F nfs /opt/SHARE (where SHARE directory contains sub-items that I want to share) - On server-1, I have started the nfs server service and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackola
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied problem

I am trying to tidy our server and write cron to keep it tidy. We took on a third party to do some work last year. They were given their own UID/pwd so that they would have limited access. Part of what they wrote created an archive file at the end of every day. A year on and we don't want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RexJacobus
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nfs permission denied failure

I think I must be drain bamaged... I'm just trying to export an NFS share and mount it on a client. Should be really easy but I'm failing! Here's the set up: Server: OS: Centos 5.3 Name: fileprint-0 (aliases fp00, fs00) Exported directory: /home/ESE Client: OS: Centos 5.3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaganian
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied creating file under nfs mount

I have two servers, 82 and 70. My exports file on 82 reads / ...70(rw) on 70 I have a mountpoint called mnt_for_82 I execute on 70 mount -t nfs -o rw ...82:/ mnt_for_82 I go to server 70 and indeed can read and travers the mounted subdirectories. However, I try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
0 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with Apache, permission denied

Just installed apache 2.2.17 and I can start up the httpd server without any errors. However when I try to access my scripts in /cgi-bin/ I'm getting the following error in error_log: Can't open perl script "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/ldapsearch.cgi": Permission denied Premature end of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
4 Replies

9. Solaris

NFS in Solaris 9 - Permission denied

nfs mount: Permission denied Guy's in Solaris 9 I'm trying to mount the below mount point as nfs in clinet mount -F nfs -o rw 171.13.10.20:/shared /app but I'm getting the below message !!! bash-2.05# mount -F nfs -o rw 171.13.10.20:/shared /app nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Permission denied cp -r

Hi I am administrator in unix I want make backup folder and file in root directory I use instruction Cp -r , But the system pear problem cp: cannot create regular file : Permission denied Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong??? please... find other instruction backup folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xactor
1 Replies
MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)

NAME
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql - load the time zone tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql arguments DESCRIPTION
The mysql_tzinfo_to_sql program loads the time zone tables in the mysql database. It is used on systems that have a zoneinfo database (the set of files describing time zones). Examples of such systems are Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X. One likely location for these files is the /usr/share/zoneinfo directory (/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo on Solaris). If your system does not have a zoneinfo database, you can use the downloadable package described in Section 9.6, "MySQL Server Time Zone Support". mysql_tzinfo_to_sql can be invoked several ways: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_dir shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file For the first invocation syntax, pass the zoneinfo directory path name to mysql_tzinfo_to_sql and send the output into the mysql program. For example: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql mysql_tzinfo_to_sql reads your system's time zone files and generates SQL statements from them. mysql processes those statements to load the time zone tables. The second syntax causes mysql_tzinfo_to_sql to load a single time zone file tz_file that corresponds to a time zone name tz_name: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name | mysql -u root mysql If your time zone needs to account for leap seconds, invoke mysql_tzinfo_to_sql using the third syntax, which initializes the leap second information. tz_file is the name of your time zone file: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file | mysql -u root mysql After running mysql_tzinfo_to_sql, it is best to restart the server so that it does not continue to use any previously cached time zone data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)