Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk concatenation in different lines Post 302433188 by guruprasadpr on Tuesday 29th of June 2010 12:03:03 AM
Old 06-29-2010
Hi

Code:
 awk '/id-number/{h=$0" ";i=0;next} NF{printf h;print;i++;next;}{if (i==0) {printf h;print;}}1' infile

Guru.
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot get logic for concatenation awk

Hello friends, I have a problem in printing an array.. Example if my array line contains 4 elements like following line=0002 , line=202200, line=200002, line= 300313 Now one = sprintf line line line line will concatenate my whole array to one. But I am not sure about the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for concatenation of column values

Hello, I have a table as shown below. I want to concatenate values in col2 and col3 based on a value in col4. 1 X Y A 3 Y Z B 4 A W B 5 T W A If col4 is A, then I want to concatenate col3 with itself. Otherwise it should concateneate col2 with col3. 1 X Y YY 3 Y Z YZ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation in awk not working

Hello I want to achieve the following. However the concatenation is not working mv `ls -ltr *myfile*.log|awk '{print $9}'` `ls -ltr *myfile*.log|awk '{print `date +'%d%m%y%k%M%S'` $9}'` I tried awk '{x=`date +'%d%m%y%k%M%S'` print $x "" $9}' awk '{x=`date +'%d%m%y%k%M%S'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Concatenation/Joining of lines in a dynamically generated file

Hi, I have a file containing many records delimited by pipe (|). Each record should contain 17 columnns/fields. there are some fields having fields less than 17.So i am extracting those records to a file using the below command awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"} NF !=17 {print}' feedfile.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concatenation issue - SQL generation

Greetings Experts, I have an excel file and I am unable to read it directly into awk (contains , " etc); So, I cleansed and copied the data into notepad. I need to generate a script that generates the SQL. Requirement: 1. Filter and select only the data that has the "mapping" as "direct"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation lines based on first field of the lines

Hello All, This is to request some assistance on the issue that I encountered until recently. Problem is: I have a pipe delimited file in which some lines/records are broken. Now, I have to join/concatenate broken lines in the file to form actual record to make sure that the count of records... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: svks1985
8 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX