Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select query implement in a shell Post 302433178 by ShellNovice1 on Monday 28th of June 2010 10:50:47 PM
Old 06-28-2010
Select query implement in a shell

The select statements are not in a file and are provided as input one-by-one to the shell script for execution. The DB is Oracle 10g/11g.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a portion of file based on query

Hi friends :) I am having a small problem and ur help is needed... I have a long file from which i want to select only some portions after filtering (grep). My file looks like : header xxyy lmno xxyy wxyz footer header abcd xy pqrs footer . . (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the data from the select query in a particular format

Hi, I have a shell script that returns 10 records for the column Name and age from a select query. Where when i store those data in retrieve_list.txt file i need to store the data in a particular format like:- $Jason$30 $Bill$23 $Roshan$25 Here is my script: 1)... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.tendulka
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help (Select query)

Dear All, This may sound a simple query but a non technical person like me is not able to do it, So please help me out. I m using Unix... isql I jst wanted to do something like following select * from xyz where ID= xxxxxxxx (8 digit ID) Here if i put single 8 digit ID then the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: topgear1000cc
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Postgresql Select Query to Variable

How to redirect postgresql select query to a variable using shell scripts? I tried to use psql -c "select ip from servers" db | egrep '+\.+\+\+' | sed 's/^ *\(.*\) *$/\1/' Output: 10.10.10.180 10.10.10.181 It display ip addresses from the databasem, but how could i redirect the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql select query optimization..

hi.. i need to optimize my select query .. my situation is like this .. i have 15 lac recors in my table.. the following query takes nine seconds to give the required output.. SELECT max(ah.AUC_AMT), SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(ah.AUC_CUS_NAME,'@',1) order by AUC_AMT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output of a select query using shell script?

HI, I want to connect to database and fetch the count from a table. The sql query is as below : select count(*) from table_test where test_column='read'; How can I print the output of this statement using shell script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies
FILTER_MYSQLBINLOG(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    FILTER_MYSQLBINLOG(1p)

NAME
filter_mysqlbinlog - Trimming ROLLBACK statements and equivalent BINLOG events added by mysqlbinlog. This script is now obsolete. SYNOPSIS
mysqlbinlog binary_or_relay_log_file | filter_mysqlbinlog Note that this script is now obsolete and not used by MHA by default. DESCRIPTION
mysqlbinlog command provided by Oracle implicitly adds ROLLBACK statements and equivalent BINLOG events. But this causes problems when recovering slave servers. To recover slaves, MHA might need to apply the following binlog events. 1) Relay log events from Relay_Log_Pos to the end of the relay log file 2) Differential relay log events from the latest slave 3) Differential binary log events from the dead master mysqlbinlog command needs to be executed on these files separately. If a transaction does not end by 1) or 2), implicit ROLLBACK event rolls back the transaction, which will result in inconsistency. filter_mysqlbinlog is a tool to fix this issue. Note that ROLLBACK statements themselves are added in usual situations. For example, when you execute 1. BEGIN; 2. Updating transactional tables 3. Updating non-transactional tables 4. ROLLBACK, a ROLLBACK statement is written to the binary log to rollback transactional queries. This is normal situation so filter_mysqlbinlog must not remove all ROLLBACK events. Note that this script is now obsolete and not used by MHA by default. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-08 FILTER_MYSQLBINLOG(1p)