Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: decrypt the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting decrypt the file Post 302433103 by thegeek on Monday 28th of June 2010 01:06:03 PM
Old 06-28-2010
this tutorial may be useful for you... http://linux.101hacks.com/unix/gpg-command-examples/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT

Hi, I want to encrypt a file in UNIX(HP-UX) and Transfer to a FTP server. Our FTP server is Windows NT. SO, how can i decrypt the file which is encrypted in UNIX, in Windows NT. Please, help me this is urgent. Siva Gorantla:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorantla
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Decrypt Des file - then encrypt

Help.. I need to decrypt a file that was encrypted using DES 56 Bit. I have the encryption key and the block size used but no idea what utility to use.. I then need to encrypt the file using pgp and another key I have.. againt I dont know what utility to use. I am running solaris 9 .... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to encrypt and decrypt a file

How to encrypt and decrypt a file using unix Command? Can any one help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Decrypt a GPG file through shell script

Hi, I'm trying to decrypt a gpg file thorugh a shell script. But i' could'nt. My script is , -sh-3.1$ cat test_gpg.sh #!/bin/ksh echo " Hello, iam testing GPG" gpg prabhu.txt.gpg <<EOF prompt prabhu EOF exit 0 The file i'm trying to decrypt is prabhu.txt.gpg and my passphrase is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to decrypt a file in a directory (SHL script)

I need to decrypt a file in a directory, I need to write a shl scrip & cron job How I find the files in the directory: the file is like this: dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d The decrypt command: gpg -o dailypayments_sfs_payment_201011151800.dat -d 20101115 (the date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to decrypt any file in UNIX?

How to decrypt a file in unix? I dont know the type of decryption nor the type of text data it contains. We extracted the file from sfdc & need to process it in unix. When extracted, we get encrypted data in the file. The file content is- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decrypt a file in UNIX?

I have a file which contains encrypted data. Can anyone tell me how to decrypt the file? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Unmask/Decrypt an XML file?

Hello All, Below is the content of the XML datafile when i do vi the XML file not sure why the content is showing like this, it could be because the data inside the file is masked or something? is there a way i can decrypt or unmask the data in a human readable format? . When i use my Informatica... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
20 Replies

9. Programming

Encrypt and Decrypt file using RIJNDAEL-128

Hi All, Can I use MCRYPT - (RIJNDAEL-128) / CBC mode to encrypt and decrypt a file? I am trying to find some sample C program on internet, which will encrypt and decrypt a file. But was not able to find any thing. Can some help me with the programming. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shre
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Encrypt and Decrypt a File with Password

Hello, I have few files on unix which are payroll related and I need them to encrypt with password so others wouldn't see the data. I use ETL tool and would like to know the unix command that does encryption/decryption to use in the ETL. Thank you, Sri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
3 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)