Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to manupulating data using PERL? Post 302432989 by adaleru on Monday 28th of June 2010 07:52:52 AM
Old 06-28-2010
Thanks a lot burtus11 Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data manipulation in perl

Hello guys.. I have the following question. lets have that i have the following variable: $field=werfiurd383nd93bc93 c93 d93 d9e3 ddd or array=werfiurd383nd93bc93 c93 d93 d9e3 ddd what i would like to do is to store the first 4 characters of gthe aboce variable in variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL data - sorting

Hello, I have a page where multiple fields and their values are displayed. But I am able to sort only a few fields. When I looked into the issue, it is seen that the for each row of info , an unique id is generated and id.txt is generated and saved. Only those fields which are inside that id.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to skip first line from a file while manupulating the file

I need to put single quotes on the columns of a .csv file. The first row contains the column headers. I need to skip the first row and put quotes for rest of the rows. Would please someone help me with this. Thanks JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPalt
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in manupulating string

Hi, I am new to Unix.I got an assignment as follows. Wanted to know the procedure to convert a string 12345 to 1234E and 21342 to 2134B and so on. I mean to say the last digit should be converted to the corresponding alphabet. Thank you in advance. Regards Susant (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: susant.igate
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat Data (Perl)

I am new to Perl. I need to reformat a data file as the last part of a script I am working on. I am stuck on this. Here is the current format: CUSTOMER Filename 09/04/07-08:49 CUSTOMER Filename 09/04/07-08:52 CUSTOMER Filename 09/04/07-08:52 CUSTOMER2 Filename 09/04/07-08:49 CUSTOMER2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flood
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl data structure

Hi All, I want to create a data structure like this $VAR1 = { 'testsuite' => { 'DHCP' => { 'failures' => '0', 'errors' => '0', 'time' =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manupulating Records in a fixed width file

I am trying to determine what would be a fast and simple way to manipulate data that comes in a fixed width format. This data has 6 segments within a record. Each record needs to written out with a header and the 6 segments. Based on the value in column #6 the fields will be defined accordingly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muga801
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

send data with Perl

Hello! I want to sent data (pictures: pic.jpg or textfiles) to a server. The pictures should be stored in \my_pictures\beautiful_images. How can I do it with Perl? I think, that I should start with a socket?? Do you have a tutorial or a site, where I can read about it? I use the IDE Padre /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: la_dy82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)