Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiples menu in ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting multiples menu in ksh Post 302432749 by jgt on Saturday 26th of June 2010 01:12:10 PM
Old 06-26-2010
Styled after IBM S36 menus and a DOS shareware program called Automenu.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Menu driven using Ksh

Hi Guys, I would like to know how to write Menu driven programs using ksh. I have several script files 1.sh 2.sh 3.sh ...so on 25 files I want to create a Menu which will calls submenus. Main Menu 1. Data Entry if you press 1 again submenu 1. Order entry ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Setting multiples variables with an array

ih all, info=$(get_Info $daemon) # $info give : # "ev20 8800 TTIOGC 12345 astos EDITEUR 0 0 . ." server=$(echo $info | cut -d" " -f1) port=$(echo $info | cut -d" " -f2) dname=$(echo $info | cut -d" " -f3) dport=$(echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
1 Replies

3. Programming

Pointer addresses in multiples of 32 ?

1. Why are the pointers' addresses every 32 ? 2. Am I correct in stating that memset is writing to memory that is not allocated to any of the 3 pointers ? Is it writing to memory in between the pointers ? 3. Are the 3 pointers contiguous in memory ? 4. I only allocated 10 bytes for each pointer.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
5 Replies

4. Programming

multiples of 10 in java

Hi Guys, I wonder how can I determine when a given number is a multiple of another one in java. Let's say if I have 27 how can I determine whether is multiple of 5 using java programming. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arizah
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select ksh menu question

I am creating a Select menu with a few options and I would like to create a "better" looking interface than just this: 1) Option 1 2) Option 2 3) Option 3 Instead, I would like something like this: *********** * Cool Script * * 1) Option 1 * * 2) Option 2 * * 3) Option 3 *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipblah84
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH- perform a function if user selects option from menu

Hi, I have a script that copies a file from one directory to another and compiles it. What I have now is a menu that calls functions and each function compiles the file. I want to have a function that compiles the file at the end of the script if the user selects options 1-3 in the menu, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
menu_item_value(3CURSES)				     Curses Library Functions					  menu_item_value(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_item_value, set_item_value, item_value - set and get menus item values SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_item_value(ITEM *item, int bool); int item_value(ITEM *item); DESCRIPTION
Unlike single-valued menus, multi-valued menus enable the end-user to select one or more items from a menu. set_item_value() sets the selected value of the item -- TRUE (selected) or FALSE (not selected). set_item_value() may be used only with multi-valued menus. To make a menu multi-valued, use set_menu_opts or menu_opts_off() to turn off the option O_ONEVALUE. (See menu_opts(3CURSES)). item_value() returns the select value of item, either TRUE (selected) or FALSE (unselected). RETURN VALUES
set_item_value() returns one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_REQUEST_DENIED The menu driver could not process the request. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), menu_opts(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_item_value(3CURSES)