Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using awk to print date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using awk to print date Post 302432266 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 24th of June 2010 12:42:41 PM
Old 06-24-2010
Code:
awk -F'|' '{print $1,$2,d}' d="$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)" OFS="," infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get awk to print a " in it's print part?

The line is simple, use " '{ print $1"]"$2"\"$3THE " NEEDS TO GO HERE$4 }' I've tried \", "\, ^" and '"" but none of it works. What am I missing? Putting in the [ between $1 and $2 works fine, I just need to do the same with a ". Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print date using ftp commands

Hi friends sftpCmd.txt ----------------- !echo "Getting files from sftp" !echo "----------------" cd /home/msgGoogle/PLATFORM/PROD/MIMUS/outbound/ARCHIVE/invsnap !echo "folder created" !date mget ???050108*.txt output !echo "------------------" !echo "Completed : " !echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print current date?

List, I want to print the first line of my text file (say "me you"), preceded by the current date/time. Something like (pseudo code): awk '{print date,$1}' I don't have a lot of awk knowledge (understatement), so forgive me if the answer is obvious... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: philipz
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Print date at END clause of AWK

Hi to all! I 'm new in unix programing so... may be I decided a wrong tool to solve the problem but anyway... all road goes to rome jajaja. My question is: There is any way to print date at the END clause of an AWK script. I mean, I'm writing a tool with AWK and the results are redirected to a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmeriles
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print out date of files last created??

Hello everyone, I have this script here: use Time::Local; opendir (D, $ARGV) or die "Cant open"; foreach $file (readdir D) { $path = "$ARGV/$file"; next if ! -T $path; $last_mod = (stat $path); ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday) = localtime ($last_mod); printf "%-15s:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and print specific date with awk

hi all I would like to help me find the problem with this script to find and print to the screen a specific date of a log file that I have on my server, the date it is received as the first argument in the script $ 1 Here I show you a few lines that made ​​the idea of ​​my log file: ****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print start date to end date, given $1 & $2 in ksh

Dear all, I have an user passing 2 parameter 31/03/2015 and 02/04/2015 to a ksh script. How to print the start date to end date. Expected output is : 31/03/2015 01/04/2015 02/04/2015 Note : 1. Im using aix and ksh 2. I have tried to convert the given input into a date, didnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.rajaravi
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Print Date when Broken Pipe happens

Hi all, as i have multiple broken pipes on ssh sessions, i need to find out after how much time it happens, ssh root@testServer root@testServer's password: ssh:notty Last login: Thu Apr 6 06:41:16 2017 from 10.10.10.2 # but when broke pipe happen i don't have any idea after how much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)