Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users command to find the owner of a db Post 302432123 by saif.safaa on Thursday 24th of June 2010 02:58:53 AM
Old 06-24-2010
informix DB issue

hi

there are two ways

1-normally if the informix data file created in the file system not as physical file

you can access the /dev directory and search for the permissions of the lvinformix

Code:
cd /dev
ls -l *informix*

check the owner of those files then you will know the user how have the permission to access the db

or simply

check the owner of the file onconfig which located in the system which the same
owner of the DB

Best Regards

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-28-2010 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Adding code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find the owner PID of open socket on Solaris9?

Hi all, I am trying to connect the open socket and its owner PID on my Solaris9 system. But it seems not very easy. As netstat is not as powerful as it is on Linux platform, without the "-program" option, and "lsof -i <UDP|TCP>@<hostIP>" won't show the one i want although it lists some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract owner from find command

hi how can I extract the owner of the file from the find command that I used below find /home -type f -atime +5 I tried something like this but didnt work. find /home -type f -atime +5 -ls |cut -f5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find the files under particular owner

Hi, I need a command to find a files under particular owner ?All the files in the system for the particular user id is the owner? Please help me on this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files by owner

Hello, I have a problem, I need to find files in folder by owner, not using find command at all and ls -R parameter. Thanx a lot. Best regarts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boliakas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files by OWNER

i have written a script in which i have to go to a dir and search there for files belonging to owner pipe and then delete them Can anyone tell me how to find files by owner pipe. below some of the files belonging to owner pipe -rw------- 1 pipe pipe 163840 Mar 18 2008 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know owner of a file without ls and find command

How to know owner of a file without ls and find command :p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swat
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How UNIX admin set up this? how files of 744 of other owner can be removed by another owner?

Hi all, We have some files are under 744 permissions and the the owner is say owner1 and group1. Now we have another user owner2 of group2, owner2 can remove files of the owner1 and the permission of those files are 744, unix admin told us he did some config at his side so we can do that. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find to search for any owner having execute permissions.

Hi I need help. I need to use find (or grep I don't care) to recursively search for files who have any kind of executable permissions (group and/or owner and/or other). I am looking for *.c and *.h This what I am using now: find . -name *.h -perm -111 -print but I don't want to retype that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dissectcode
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find DL Owner info using ldapsearch?

Currently i have following syntax: ldapsearch -D "CN=..,OU=..,OU=All Businesses,DC=..,DC=..,DC=.." -w .. -h .. -p .. -b "OU=All Businesses,DC=..,DC=..,DC=.." "managedObjects=$DL_NAME_CN" employeeNumber givenName sn -S employeeNumber -x which gives me following info: "requesting:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsenghani
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the owner user of each folder in a list

Hello I have a file containing the list of different folders like this file_list.txt: /s8/tests/test1 /s8/tests/tests/test2 /s8/tests/test2 /s8/tests/tests/test2/test5 I want a script to put the owner user of each folder in front of it in the text file. So the reult would become... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
5 Replies
logindevperm(4) 						   File Formats 						   logindevperm(4)

NAME
logindevperm, fbtab - login-based device permissions SYNOPSIS
/etc/logindevperm DESCRIPTION
The /etc/logindevperm file contains information that is used by login(1) and ttymon(1M) to change the owner, group, and permissions of devices upon logging into or out of a console device. By default, this file contains lines for the keyboard, mouse, audio, and frame buffer devices. The owner of the devices listed in /etc/logindevperm is set to the owner of the console by login(1). The group of the devices is set to the owner's group specified in /etc/passwd. The permissions are set as specified in /etc/logindevperm. If the console is /dev/vt/active, the owner of the devices is the first user logged in on the consoles (/dev/console or /dev/vt/#). Upon this first user's logout the owner and group of these devices is reset by ttymon(1M) to owner root and root's group as specified in /etc/passwd. Fields are separated by a TAB or SPACE characters. Blank lines and comments can appear anywhere in the file; comments start with a hash- mark, (#), and continue to the end of the line. The first field specifies the name of a console device (for example, /dev/console). By default, it is /dev/vt/active, which points to the current active console, including /dev/console and all virtual consoles (/dev/vt/#). The second field specifies the permissions to which the devices in the device_list field (third field) are set. These permissions must be expressed in octal format, for example, 0774. A device_list is a colon-separated list of device names. A device name must be a /dev link. A directory or logical name in the device name can be either one of the following: o A fully qualified name, for example, fbs. o A regular expression, for example, [a-z0-9.]+. See regexp(5) for more information on regular expressions. o The wildcard character * specifying all directory or node names (except . and .., for example, /dev/fbs/* specifies all frame buffer devices. Some examples of /etc/logindevperm file entries include: /dev/usb/[0-9a-f]+[.][0-9a-f]+/[0-9]+/[a-z0-9.]+ /dev/usb/[0-9a-f]+[.][0-9a-f]+/[0-9]+/* /dev/usb/[0-9a-f]+[.][0-9a-f]+/*/* Specify all ugen(7D) endpoints and status nodes. Drivers can also be specified to limit the permission changes to minor nodes owned by the specified drivers. For example, /dev/console 0600 /dev/usb/[0-9a-f]+[.][0-9a-f]+/[0-9]+/* driver=usb_mid,scsa2usb,usbprn # libusb devices Due to the persistence of devfs(7FS) minor node management, the user should be logged in as root if the list of minor nodes will be reduced and the devices should all be plugged in. Once the devices are owned by the user, their permissions and ownership can be changed using chmod(1) and chown(1), as with any other user- owned file. Upon logout the owner and group of these devices are reset by ttymon(1M) to owner root and root's group as specified in /etc/passwd (typi- cally other). The permissions are set as specified in the /etc/logindevperm file. FILES
/etc/passwd File that contains user group information. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), chown(1), login(1), ttymon(1M), passwd(4), regexp(5), ugen(7D) NOTES
/etc/logindevperm provides a superset of the functionality provided by /etc/fbtab in SunOS 4.x releases. SunOS 5.11 25 Sep 2008 logindevperm(4)