Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ML update error
Operating Systems AIX ML update error Post 302432067 by dukessd on Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 07:41:30 PM
Old 06-23-2010
Your existing build date is week 43 2009 and you are trying to install a fix bundle dated week 35 2008, as this is older it would remove all sorts of fixes so AIX will not let you do it.

You will need to update to a fix level with a build date the same or higher than 0943 (yyww), TL1 SP7, TL2 SP6, TL3 SP3 TL4 SP2 or TL5 should do it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update error

I was doing update on my solaris 10 x86 but got the following error /usr/bin/unzip not enough space in the filesystem to extract update. pls how do i go about this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

2. SuSE

Error 15-the file was not found-update linux10.0 failure

I updated the Suse linux 10.0 OS online .The sysem ask me to reboot to take effects.I do so.But the OS do not load and show the message "Error 15 - The file was not found" What can I Do? It does not login to failesafe mode also.May I do reinstall the os through the cd ? Then HOW? I am Very New the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandhusky
0 Replies

3. Solaris

IPsec PF_KEY UPDATE error

Hello everyone :) First of all, happy new year. I am trying to set up an IPSec connection from a Solaris 10 Server to a Jetdirect 835n Printserver. We use certificates for the authentication (no preshared keys). The phase 1 completes succesffuly but the phase 2 doesn't. Unfortunately, I have no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonusk
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error

W: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error starting vim after an update?

After trying to make an update to my vim settings, i'm now getting this error message when vim tries to start. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :) Error detected while processing .vimrc: line 40: E15: Invalid expression: E15: Invalid expression: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khoges11
0 Replies

6. AIX

Update error - 7.1 migration builddate fail

Hi all, i have just migrate my aix 6.1 to 7.1. After migration my release is: 7100-00-03-1115 now i try to update to 7100-01-00-1140 but i receive lots of BUILD CHECK DATE FAILED on"mcr.rte" and other packets. +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cant update yum what so ever [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

Hello!!! I am so frustrated I'm about to snap!!! I cant hear any sound in Firefox or re-install Chrome. Every time I try to do anything with YUM inside my terminal (like update or install) I keep getting this error:failure: repodata/repomd.xml from virtualbox: No more mirrors to try. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
2 Replies

8. Fedora

Yum update error

Hello, I issued # yum update and received below error. Any idea? # yum update Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, universal-hooks Setting up Update Process Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 204.10.37.146 * base: mirrors.oit.uci.edu * extras:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)