Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date and Time in PERL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date and Time in PERL Post 302432040 by soleil4716 on Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 04:12:33 PM
Old 06-23-2010
Code:
my $minus_one_day = time - 86400;
my $yesterday = localtime $minus_one_day;

print("yesterday: $yesterday \n");

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - naming a file after the date/time

I'm making log-files for 4different hp-ux's and I need to name the files after the date so I can keep the files. The way I want the filename to look is like this: yymmdd.log ( 020522<CompName>.log ). Can anyone please give me a helping hand. :confused: I have made the log-script and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tgreig
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI inserting date\time

hi there, my mysql database has a date/time field using the standard mysql date|time format of 2009-08-31 00:16:44 when inserting into this field using perl DBI, is there is an easy way to insert the current date/time in without having to preformat the date/time string in perl before... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. Programming

Date time problem while executing perl script.

Hi All, This Monday 15th March 2010, i have faced a weired issue with my Perl script execution, this script is scheduled to run at 1 minute past midnight on daily basis ( 00:01 EST ) generally for fetching previous business date , say if it is Monday it should give last Friday date, for Tuesday... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravimishra
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting date time in unix using perl breaks

while read l do vTimeCreated=`perl -e '@d=localtime ((stat(shift))); printf "%02d-%02d-%04d %02d:% 02d:%02d\n", $d,$d+1,$d+1900,$d,$d,$d' ${l}` echo "${l} || ${vTimeCreated}" >> ${fPrefx}_Output_Files_${vDate}.txt done < servername.txt Using the above code to format date time for each of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HeadBang
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a date (without time) in perl

I have a perl script that automatically runs on Mondays. I need to have it create a variable for last Monday's date thru that Sunday's date. example: 04-01-2011 thru 04-08-2011 Its reporting numbers for the previous week beginning with Monday and ending on Sunday. So i dont have to go in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbraml
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find last updated date and time of a folder in Perl?

Hi All, I have a process which after some time continues move a files to some folder(say the name of the folder is logdir) What i am trying to do is as the files are coming to the logdir folder, I want the latest updated time and date of the folder in PERL. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : searching for month and storing the date and time in an array

I am writing the code in perl. I have an array in perl and each variable in the array contains the data in the below format Now I need to check the below variable w.r.t system month I need to store the date and time(Tue Aug 7 03:54:12 2012) from the below data into file if contains only 'Aug'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL, Date & Time issues

Hello All, This is my first script in PERL. Hence require your help in moving further. I have a script which should populate the values for Today, Yesterday output. For which I use timeFrame as a variable to obtain the time in hrs:mm as 10:00. All I want is, I want my timeFrame to start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Module to get the last week date and time

Hello folks, I am looking for a Perl module or a program logic that gives the startdate and enddate of the last week.. Suppose say, assuming this week starts from Sunday to Saturday If I execute the script in this week. I need to get the last week sunday's date. Could anyone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Script to append date and time stamp

Help with Perl script : I have a web.xml file with a line <display-name>some_text_here</display-name> Need to append the current date and time stamp to the string and save the XML file Something like <display-name>some_text_here._01_23_2014_03_56_33</display-name> -->Finally want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
5 Replies
AUREPORT:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      AUREPORT:(8)

NAME
aureport - a tool that produces summary reports of audit daemon logs SYNOPSIS
aureport [options] DESCRIPTION
aureport is a tool that produces summary reports of the audit system logs. The aureport utility can also take input from stdin as long as the input is the raw log data. The reports have a column label at the top to help with interpretation of the various fields. Except for the main summary report, all reports have the audit event number. You can subsequently lookup the full event with ausearch -a event number. You may need to specify start & stop times if you get multiple hits. The reports produced by aureport can be used as building blocks for more complicated analysis. OPTIONS
-au, --auth Report about authentication attempts -a, --avc Report about avc messages -c, --config Report about config changes -cr, --crypto Report about crypto events -e, --event Report about events -f, --file Report about files --failed Only select failed events for processing in the reports. The default is both success and failed events. -h, --host Report about hosts -i, --interpret Interpret numeric entities into text. For example, uid is converted to account name. The conversion is done using the current resources of the machine where the search is being run. If you have renamed the accounts, or don't have the same accounts on your machine, you could get misleading results. -if, --input file Use the given file instead if the logs. This is to aid analysis where the logs have been moved to another machine or only part of a log was saved. --input-logs Use the log file location from auditd.conf as input for analysis. This is needed if you are using aureport from a cron job. -k, --key Report about audit rule keys -l, --login Report about logins -m, --mods Report about account modifications -ma, --mac Report about Mandatory Access Control (MAC) events --node node-name Only select events originating from node name string for processing in the reports. The default is to include all nodes. Multiple nodes are allowed. -p, --pid Report about processes -r, --response Report about responses to anomaly events -s, --syscall Report about syscalls --success Only select successful events for processing in the reports. The default is both success and failed events. --summary Run the summary report that gives a total of the elements of the main report. Not all reports have a summary. -t, --log This option will output a report of the start and end times for each log. --tty Report about tty keystrokes -te, --end [end-date] [end-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or before the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, now is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influenced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, week-ago, this-month, this-year. Today means starting now. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -tm, --terminal Report about terminals -ts, --start [start-date] [start-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or after the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, midnight is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influ- enced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, this-month, this-year. Today means starting at 1 second after midnight. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -u, --user Report about users -v, --version Print the version and exit -x, --executable Report about executables SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditd(8). Red Hat Sept 2009 AUREPORT:(8)