Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Show the entire line using ps Post 302431976 by SixSigma1978 on Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 10:45:59 AM
Old 06-23-2010
Tried all threeSmilie didnt work!!

Code:
COLUMNS=65535 ps -ef | grep java

and
Code:
ps -ef | grep java > out.txt

and
Code:
ps -ef | cat

UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
root 6020 3822 0 Jun 19 ? 0:01 ./webservd-wdog -r /export/opt/sows/61sp4 -d /export/opt/sows/61sp4/https-logse

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture entire line in ps command

I need to determine what processes are running at certain times of the day. I have a script that issues the /usr/ucb/ps aux command and captures it to a file. I want to see the cpu usage and memory usage. This command lops off the end of the of the display line so I can't see the entire... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep entire statement not just line

(extract from SQL binlog file...) # at 4960 #080801 14:35:31 server id 4 end_log_pos 195 Query thread_id=63121426 exec_time=0 error_code=0 use d_jds; SET TIMESTAMP=1217581531; UPDATE bid_details set bidding = 3170.37 ,deduction=if((3170.37 < 37.43),0,deduction) where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print entire line after if lookup

I hope this is a basic question. I have a file with a bunch of strings in each line (and the string number is variable). What I want to do is a simple if command and then print the entire line. something like awk '{if ($3=="yes") print $1,$2,$3,...$X }' infile > outfile Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the entire line if second field has value P

Friends, I have .txt file with 3 millions of rows. File1.txt ABC1|A|ABCD1|XYZ1 ABC2|P|ABCD2|XYZ2 ABC3|A|ABCD3|XYZ3 ABC4|P|ABCD4|XYZ4 If second field has value P then print the entire line. Thanks in advance for your help, Prashant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace entire line

I want to replace one line from my configuration file with the new settings. The file Name: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf The following line should be replaced with the line mentioned below. LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined LogFormat "\"%h\"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show entire lines with diff command

Hi, When I run the diff command using diff -yt file1 file2, I get the output in which original lines are truncated. I tried using -W switch with diff. However, that does not produce exact output as I want. Is it possible to show entire line of file1 and file2 in diff command's output? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to find entire line ....

As per my understanding below mentioned line of code finding a word 'boy' in $ACULOG... num_errors=`grep -i -e fail -e illegal -e exception -e "<E" -e boy $ACULOG | wc -l` if I'm not corerct, please correct me. How I can find entire line like "This is a boy" with something similar as above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heyitsmeok
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed to replace entire line

Hi, I need to replace an entire mailx line as follows using sed: sed -e 's/<line1>/<newline>/g' <filename> But I am getting comman garbled error since the new line has many special characters. I enclosed allspecial chars in \ but still no use. Can any one help me? Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodhin4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the entire line with space in between

Hi Folks, I have a report data like the one seen below. FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 04/29) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/04) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/05) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/07) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/12) I need to use each of this lines separately in another for loop like the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract entire para instead of just line?

Hello, I have a file with multiple paragraphs/sections each starting with word "Handle" and if I grep for a pattern, I should get contents of entire section/para (not just line). Please advise, thanks! #script.sh file.txt "System Information" Handle 0x0001 DMI type 1, 27 bytes. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
9 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)