Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tarred files not being put on tape Post 302431687 by rahmantanko on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 02:01:48 PM
Old 06-22-2010
Hi All
I was able to resolve the problem by typing tapes at the /dev/rmt directory.
Thanks very much for your responses and efforts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take a file from the system and put on tape and reset the file to 0 bytes

:mad: I did this the other day but one of my support personnel removed my history so i could call it back up to remeber the exact command since i am air-headed at times. I am trying to take a 30 MEG file off the system and drop it to tape then i want to make the file go back to being 0 bytes so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JackieRyan26
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I put same message in two different log files?

echo "$(date +'%m/%d/%Y %X')" >> LOGFILE1 echo "$(date +'%m/%d/%Y %X')" >> LOGFILE2 How can I put same message in two different log file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPalt
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

sftp -> put : How to uplaod only newer files

I have tried winscp, filezilla to copy data from windows xp SP2 machine to the sun sparc unix machine. However speed is around 120 to 130 kb/sec. I do have lot of files & with large size. So I switched to windows command prompt & transfered few files using sftp command. Its very fast as compared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: _prasad
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the difference of two files in out file

Hello, I have two files file1 & file2 containing both lines (1 word per line). I need to extract the lines that are in file1 and not present in file2 and have the result in output file. i.e : user>cat file1 line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 user>cat file2 line1 line3 line5 The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpromo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two files and put it in .csv file

Hi Freinds I have two .txt file gem1.txt and gem2.txt, Sample gem1.txt abstract (1.0.0) actionmailer (2.3.5, 2.2.2) actionpack (2.3.5, 2.2.2) activerecord (2.3.5, 2.2.2) activerecord-oracle_enhanced-adapter (1.1.9) activerecord-sqlserver-adapter (2.3.4) activeresource (2.3.5, 2.2.2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit_view24
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

massive tarred grib files totally unacceptable

Hi, I have 7 terabytes of tar files, one for every single day since 1980. Inside these tar files are GRIB files, each with 100+ variables. There's 8 GRIBs in each tar, corresponding to different times of the day. I need 6 friggin variables..., and it takes TWO WEEKS TO EXTRACT ALL THE TAR FILES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammysoil
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put subject and body to mail from two files

Hi all, My sample file is something like this, ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-27063: Message 27063 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri1977
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with untarring multiple files from tarred directories and subdirectories

Hi, I want to untar all log files from following tarred directory hierarchy Log_files.tar.gz/subject*.tar.gz/project*/*.log It means there are subject1.tar.gz to subject9.tar.gz and in those tarred subect directories there are project1 - project5 directories and in those directories there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rv_trojan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatene files and put each line of files on a specific position ?

Hi, I have some files that i want to concatene and put each of lines of this files on a specific position : File1 AAAAAAA BBBBBBB CCCCCCC File2 DDDDDDD EEEEEEE FFFFFFF File3 GGGGGG HHHHHH IIIIII New file (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apippo70
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get all the files inside a folder then put the value in a variable?

Hi here is my code for i in `ls *.cmd` do msg aaa imp -U$AAAUSER -P$AAAUSERPWD <$i>>$curdir/import_tap.out -Jutf8 done I can only get all files with .cmd extension. what i need to get are all the files inside the specific folder Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmarzan
2 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help] backup ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes (" ") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions: % backup apropos tape labeltape: label a tape readlabel: read the label on tape scantape: dump information recovery from tape status: get tape coordinator status PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)