Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Time Zone for a User Different From Server Time Post 302431659 by RoshniMehta on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 12:08:00 PM
Old 06-22-2010
Time Zone for a User Different From Server Time

Hi,

A server runs on EDT. Can I set a user with time-zone GMT without changing the server time?

regards,
Roshni

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time zone setting

Tru64 (4.0D) How to change the time zone setting for the system? Sanjay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_g
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max sessions a single user can've on Solaris server at the same time

There's a user that opens various login sessions with a particular SOLARIS server at the same time - this locks the server thats tried to get logged into.. Kindly help on how to know the max limit of sessions a particular user can open with a particular server at the same time. AND, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: its.simron
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

6. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

7. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Wrong time zone for non root user

I have a Solaris-11 zone, which is newely build. Since I am in PST time zone, so I set it with this command. It shows me date correctly with correct time zone, but when I switch it to a non root user and run below java command, it is not showing correct time zone. Not sure, how to set it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies
CTIME(2)							System Calls Manual							  CTIME(2)

NAME
ctime, localtime, gmtime, asctime, timezone - convert date and time to ASCII SYNOPSIS
#include <u.h> #include <libc.h> char* ctime(long clock) Tm* localtime(long clock) Tm* gmtime(long clock) char* asctime(Tm *tm) /env/timezone DESCRIPTION
Ctime converts a time clock such as returned by time(2) into ASCII (sic) and returns a pointer to a 30-byte string in the following form. All the fields have constant width. Wed Aug 5 01:07:47 EST 1973 Localtime and gmtime return pointers to structures containing the broken-down time. Localtime corrects for the time zone and possible day- light savings time; gmtime converts directly to GMT. Asctime converts a broken-down time to ASCII and returns a pointer to a 30-byte string. typedef struct { int sec; /* seconds (range 0..59) */ int min; /* minutes (0..59) */ int hour; /* hours (0..23) */ int mday; /* day of the month (1..31) */ int mon; /* month of the year (0..11) */ int year; /* year A.D. - 1900 */ int wday; /* day of week (0..6, Sunday = 0) */ int yday; /* day of year (0..365) */ char zone[4]; /* time zone name */ } Tm; When local time is first requested, the program consults the timezone environment variable to determine the time zone and converts accord- ingly. (This variable is set at system boot time by init(8).) The timezone variable contains the normal time zone name and its difference from GMT in seconds followed by an alternate (daylight) time zone name and its difference followed by a newline. The remainder is a list of pairs of times (seconds past the start of 1970, in the first time zone) when the alternate time zone applies. For example: EST -18000 EDT -14400 9943200 25664400 41392800 57718800 ... Greenwich Mean Time is represented by GMT 0 SOURCE
/sys/src/libc/9sys SEE ALSO
date(1), time(2), init(8) BUGS
The return values point to static data whose content is overwritten by each call. Daylight Savings Time is ``normal'' in the Southern hemisphere. These routines are not equipped to handle non-ASCII text, and are provincial anyway. CTIME(2)