Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A small irritation
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A small irritation Post 302431624 by pludi on Tuesday 22nd of June 2010 09:41:54 AM
Old 06-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdepollo
Also, don't you find irritating that most laptop CD drives pop the tray just a little and then you have to slide it with your fingers in order to fully open it?
Not really, given that the motor and mechanics for opening and closing, and sensors for checking for obstructions (eg. a badly placed disk) would take up precious space in an laptop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small Help on SED

Hi All, I have come across a command echo "123 abc" | sed 's/*/& &/' output is 123 123 abc then i tried in different ways to get 123 abc abc as output. Can u please explain me the importance of & in the above command. Thank you - Chanakya (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

Small problem...

Nice pictures, really free from virtual swingers club !!!! Anal sex Body art Gay Hardcore Lesbian Oral sex Cum XXX Models Private Image Galleries Private XXX photo Free!!! Say no to Spamers!!! Auto forum spam msg replacer by Swinguru © (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Green_Monkey23
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script help

#!/bin/ksh for i in *.log* do ls $i|sed 's/\.log$//g' | while read file do echo "file $file is Running" >> lls.txt echo "***************">> lls.txt done done ------------------------------------------------------------------ the output is : file AdapterCCProvisioningInterface... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a small script

Hello all, i have a batmail process running on my machine(java process). i just need a script we should detect whether the batchnail is running or not.If not it should restart it. Can anyone assist me on this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rayzone
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Missing something small....

I have a feeling my eyes are burned and I am just missing something small here but can somebody tell me why this is not working.... #!/bin/ksh Trunk_Path=/lcl/sit/apps/Tivoli types="-name '*.sh' -o -name '*.conf' -o -name '*.rules' -o -name '*.dat' -o -name '*.props' -o -name '*.sql' -o -name... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi, i have a client requirement to post the files into generic folder named as "source".file identification is to retrieve Publication code (Instance name) from the file name.So thereafter we move the files to different instances of specific folders for the same unix server.(means if the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help

Hi all, I have two files in my folder 1.index.jsp 2.maintenance.jsp Once hit the URL in IE,It will call the index.jsp file than application working fine. I want to some maintenance in my application, during the application maintenance than it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with small script

Hi I have the below file Name=abc Yr=2011 Mon=05 My script should be in such a way that whenever I run it then Month should increment by 1 and if the month is 12 then when I run the script then year should incremented by 1 and month Should become 01(I.e jan) Thanks for the help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a small help

Hi, sorry for inconvenience..wrong query posted. Thanks for your help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small automation

Frequently we need to stop or start services on Linux systems. For exmaple : To start or stop vsftpd daemon # /etc/init.d/vsftpd start or # /etc/init.d/vsftpd stop Following script will check the vsftpd service and if it is running, it will be stopped or vice-versa. # cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
5 Replies
LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)

NAME
/etc/laptop-mode/lm-profiler.conf - Configuration file for lm-profiler, a profiler for laptop-mode-tools. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the options that can be set in the /etc/laptop-mode/lm-profiler.conf configuration file. For a description of what lm-profiler does, see the lm-profiler(8) manpage. SETTINGS
The syntax of options is OPTION=value. The following settings are available in lm-profiler.conf: VERBOSE_OUTPUT Set this to 1 if you want to see a lot of output when you run lm-profiler, and 0 if you don't want this. Useful for debugging purposes. (Currently does nothing.) PROFILE_RUN_LENGTH The length of a profiling run, in seconds. This should be a while, so that lm-profiler can gather enough information. The default is 10 minutes (600 seconds). ACTIVITY_INTERVAL_MIN ACTIVITY_INTERVAL_MAX The behaviour that you want to avoid when you have your hard drive spun down, is disk accesses that are spread out over time, because your hard drive will have to spin up for each access. lm-profiler detects when applications perform disk accesses that are at least some time apart (otherwise they can be considered part of the same access) but not TOO far apart (otherwise they are no problem). These settings configure what lm-profiler considers "at least some time apart" and "too far apart", respectively, in seconds. RECOMMEND_DEFAULT_SERVICES DEFAULT_SERVICES If RECOMMEND_DEFAULT_SERVICES is set to 1 (enabled), then lm-profiler will always suggest turning off the services listed in DEFAULT_SERVICES (separated by spaces). IGNORE_PROGRAMS Programs listed in this option, separated by spaces, will be ignored for disk activity profiling. The default settings (which can be referenced as $DEF_IGNORE_PROGRAMS) include common utility programs and all programs used by lm-profiler itself. RECOMMEND_NETWORK_SERVICES When this option is enabled (value 1), lm-profiler will detect any services that are listening on network ports, and it will sug- gest that you disable them. IGNORE_NETWORK_SERVICES Services listed in this configuration option (separated by spaces) are not suggested as a network service by lm-profiler. The default values can be accessed as $DEF_IGNORE_NETWORK_SERVICES. SEE ALSO
lm-profiler(8). laptop_mode(8). laptop-mode.conf(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Samwel (bart@samwel.tk). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)