Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FX890 Printer Margin Settings Post 302431265 by talon52 on Monday 21st of June 2010 09:11:23 AM
Old 06-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
Run 'uname -X' to get the operating system release info.
Run 'scoadmin' and open the printers section to list all the printers, a 'L' in column 1 indicates a local printer, or HP printer, an 'R' indicates a remote lpr/lpd printer.
If you can use a graphical X session, scoadmin is much easier to use, otherwise use the following.
The scoadmin screen made up of three rectangles, use the tab key to change rectangles.
Use the arrow keys to move about within a rectangle
Use the enter key to make a selection.
Use the space bar to mark a row, or radio button.
Okay the operating system release info is 3.2v5.0.7
It's a remote printer

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

printer settings

I have created a printer, but I need to change the default pitch (CPI and LPI). According to the lpadmin man page, I have to use the following command to change the pitch lpadmin -p <printername> -o cpi=<decimal value> -o lpi=<decimal value> However, this does not work. I tried it with a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

2. SCO

Lexmark T632 printer settings

My Lexmark T632 printer is attached to Unix system. Somtimes user change the printer settings. I want to be able to get access the printer setting file. If a user changes the settings and I need to restore the settings to original value, then I can ftp the standard menu setting file. Can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasirgondal
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lpadmin and viewing printer settings

Hi - Dummy question #1.... We either use the Hewlett Packard HPPI too or LPADMIN command to setup out printers. Is there an LPADMIN command that will show you the default config of a particular printer. Ideally looking to see default font, CPI settings etc. Thanks. BravehearT1326 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BravehearT1326
1 Replies

4. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Network Printer Settings-landscape/portrait mode

Hello everyone.. While printing through command line, we can set printing option with -o <lanscape/portrait> to print file in required mode. But i want to know is there any way we can set this as default behaviour for this printer? After configuration any script we can modify for this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
0 Replies

7. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Changes to QUOTE Tags - Added More Bottom Margin

Changed QUOTE code tag to add 20px of bottom margin: <!--bbcode_quote_begin--> <div style="overflow:auto;margin-bottom:20px;"> <div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:8px;margin-left:4px;">$vbphrase:</div> <div class="bbcode_quote"> <if condition="$show"> <div... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
enable(1)							   User Commands							 enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)