Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding string variable dynamically in for loop Post 302431231 by busyboy on Monday 21st of June 2010 07:50:39 AM
Old 06-21-2010
are you trying to concatenate?
just

${B}${A}
should do this for you..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically creating a variable name

Hi ! I have the following situation - ##First variable variableA=JOB_A ##bunch of other variable JOB_A_RESTART=cleanupJobA JOB_B_RESTART=cleanupJobB JOB_C_RESTART=cleanupJobC now i need a script which would - 1. take the first variable 2. create a new variable name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hsahay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically adding values in c-shell

I am needing to create a variable(changing) and assign it a value(changing) ... I am using C-Shell.. Example: foreach account in ($Accountlist) set account_connect = "$account/$account_pass" end I want to make set account_connect to store various values ? $account_connect did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding counter to a variable while moving in a loop

The scenario is like this : I need to read records from a file one by one and increment counter1, if a certain field matches with a number say "40"..the script should increment the counter2 and also extract a corresponding field from the same line and adding them one by one and redirecting the the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to test input variable is a string in a select loop

Okay -- I hope I ask this correctly. I'm working on my little shell script to write vendor names and aliases to files from user input. If a user choose to add to a file, he can do that as well. I'm using a select loop for this function to list all the possible files the user can choose from.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically setting of environment variable... Can it be done?

Hi all, I am fairly new to unix scripting and will like to know how to dynamically set the name of an environment variable to be used. We have a .env file where we defined the names and locations of data files, trigger files, directories .... etc Example of variables defined in .env... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morelia
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append to same string variable in loop

I want to append values to same string variable inside a recursive function that I have .. I do not want to write to any file but use a variable.. Can anyone please help with it? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prev
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while copying file dynamically whith in loop?

I need to copy the log file dynamically and that should run in loop , which means it should pick what ever the latest file is updated in that directory. I am able to display the list and copy to directly but i have no idea on how to pick the dynamically updated files. when i use this code, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johninweb
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String variable concatenation through loop problem

Hi Team!! Please can anyone tell me why the following line does not work properly? str3+=$str2 it seems that str3 variable does not keep its value in order to be concatenated in the next iteration! Thus when i print the result of the line above it returns the str2 value What i want to do is to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paladinaeon
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding variable number of space in between two string

Hi, I am looking for the way to add variable number of spaces between two string. e.g input line is a ,bb abc ,bcb pqr ,bfg My output should be something like this a ,bb abc ,bcb pqr ,bfg This text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print loop output on same line dynamically

Hi, I am trying to print copy percentage completion dynamically by using the script below, #!/bin/bash dest_size=0 orig_size=`du -sk $sourcefile | awk '{print $1}'` while ; do dest_size=`du -sk $destfile | awk '{print $1}'` coyp_percentage=`echo "scale=2; $dest_size*100/$orig_size"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)