Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Siteminder C API - cannot access agent Post 302431224 by JerryHone on Monday 21st of June 2010 07:36:52 AM
Old 06-21-2010
Siteminder C API - cannot access agent

Does anyone know anything about Siteminder C API?

I'm writing some client side code to run on a Solaris server using Siteminder for authentication - this isn't a web app! I have some sample code that I'm plagiarising which uses a "shared secret" string that to access the Siteminder server. However, the team supporting the server side of Siteminder are telling me that it's been updated to use SM v6 which no longer supports "shared secret", so I need advice on configuring my code.

Any guidance appreciated.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris agent

Hello, on Solaris 5.8 I've installed SunMgtCenter to get the time agent; it's under /opt/SUNWsymon/sbin/es-start -a it's in ps -ef | grep agent ...but it doesn't work; the machine is always in alarm cause the time is different of the clock server; is it clear enough ? tks cc (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

6. Programming

CA Siteminder offline authentication for a thick client(swing java) application.

Hi All, I have a thick client based on swing java and we are using CA SiteMinder for the authentication. Now we have new requirement in which we need to access the application when its offline. So is there any way that I can use siteminder for offline authenticaion? I mean can we store... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
0 Replies

7. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Face-api.js — JavaScript API for Face Recognition in the Browser with tensorflow.js

Ref: https://itnext.io/face-api-js-javascript-api-for-face-recognition-in-the-browser-with-tensorflow-js-bcc2a6c4cf07 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
RNDC(8) 																   RNDC(8)

NAME
rndc - name server control utility SYNOPSIS
rndc [ -c config-file ] [ -k key-file ] [ -s server ] [ -p port ] [ -V ] [ -y key_id ] command DESCRIPTION
rndc controls the operation of a name server. It supersedes the ndc utility that was provided in old BIND releases. If rndc is invoked with no command line options or arguments, it prints a short summary of the supported commands and the available options and their arguments. rndc communicates with the name server over a TCP connection, sending commands authenticated with digital signatures. In the current ver- sions of rndc and named named the only supported authentication algorithm is HMAC-MD5, which uses a shared secret on each end of the con- nection. This provides TSIG-style authentication for the command request and the name server's response. All commands sent over the chan- nel must be signed by a key_id known to the server. rndc reads a configuration file to determine how to contact the name server and decide what algorithm and key it should use. OPTIONS
-c config-file Use config-file as the configuration file instead of the default, /etc/rndc.conf. -k key-file Use key-file as the key file instead of the default, /etc/rndc.key. The key in /etc/rndc.key will be used to authenticate commands sent to the server if the config-file does not exist. -s server server is the name or address of the server which matches a server statement in the configuration file for rndc. If no server is supplied on the command line, the host named by the default-server clause in the option statement of the configuration file will be used. -p port Send commands to TCP port port instead of BIND 9's default control channel port, 953. -V Enable verbose logging. -y keyid Use the key keyid from the configuration file. keyid must be known by named with the same algorithm and secret string in order for control message validation to succeed. If no keyid is specified, rndc will first look for a key clause in the server statement of the server being used, or if no server statement is present for that host, then the default-key clause of the options statement. Note that the configuration file contains shared secrets which are used to send authenticated control commands to name servers. It should therefore not have general read or write access. For the complete set of commands supported by rndc, see the BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual or run rndc without arguments to see its help message. LIMITATIONS
rndc does not yet support all the commands of the BIND 8 ndc utility. There is currently no way to provide the shared secret for a key_id without using the configuration file. Several error messages could be clearer. SEE ALSO
rndc.conf(5), named(8), named.conf(5) ndc(8), BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual. AUTHOR
Internet Software Consortium BIND9 June 30, 2000 RNDC(8)