Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting identifying duplicate entries Post 302431058 by guruprasadpr on Sunday 20th of June 2010 11:53:52 PM
Old 06-21-2010
Hi

Code:
sort -u -t, -k5 file

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Duplicate crontab entries

hi guys. can someone tell me what will happen if there are two identical crontab entry for an application. For example 03 23 * * 1 /usr/vt/crondemo 03 23 * * 1 /usr/vt/crondemo will the file crondemo run twice, once or wont run at all?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of Duplicate Entries from the file

I have a file which consists of 1000 entries. Out of 1000 entries i have 500 Duplicate Entires. I want to remove the first Duplicate Entry (i,e entire Line) in the File. The example of the File is shown below: 8244100010143276|MARISOL CARO||MORALES|HSD768|CARR 430 KM 1.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate entries /.rhosts file

Hi All, I have one problem related to /.rhosts file. According to my understanding, /.rhosts file is used for "rsh". What will happen if I have duplicate entries in this file? e.g> my .rhosts file looks like Code: wcars42g wcars89j wcars42g wcars42b wcars42b Will duplicate entries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate entries /.rhosts file

Hi, I forgot how to start a new thread. :( Can somebody please guide me? I have one problem related to /.rhosts file. According to my understanding, /.rhosts file is used for "rsh". What will happen if I have duplicate entries in this file? e.g> my .rhosts file looks like wcars42g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
2 Replies

5. Solaris

duplicate PATH entries

I noticed we have duplicate (or even triple) entries in PATH env variable. Is there any reason to have them all or is it safe to leave only one? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying entries based on 2 fields in a string.

Hi Guys, I’m struggling to use two fields to do a duplicate/ unique by output. I want to look IP addresses assigned to more than one account during a given period in the logs. So duplicate IP and account > 1 then print all the logs for that IP. I have been Using AWK (just as its installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wabbit02
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find duplicate entries

I have a file contails as below I/P: 123456 123456 234567 987654 678905 678905 Like above i have 1000's of entries I need output as below O/P: 123456 678905 I'm using uniq -d filename it is showing results but it is missing few duplicate entries and i dont know why.Please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append values of duplicate entries

My input file is: LOC_Os01g01870 GO:0006139 LOC_Os01g01870 GO:0009058 LOC_Os01g02570 GO:0006464 LOC_Os01g02570 GO:0009987 LOC_Os01g02570 GO:0008152 LOC_Os01g04380 GO:0006950 LOC_Os01g04380 GO:0009628 I want to append the duplicate values in a tab/space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep the last 2 records from duplicate entries?

Gents, Please how I can get only the last 2 records from repetead values, from column 2 input 1 1011 1 1011 1 1012 1 1012 1 5001 1 5001 1 5002 1 5002 1 5003 1 5003 1 7001 1 7001 1 7002 1 7002 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove columns with duplicate entries

I have a 13gb file. It has the following columns: The 3rd column is basically correlation values. I want to delete those rows which are repeated between the columns: A B 0.04 B C 0.56 B B 1 A A 1 C D 1 C C 1 Desired Output: (preferably in a .csv format A,B,0.04 B,C,0.56 C,D,1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
3 Replies
ftpmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							ftpmail(1)

NAME
ftpmail - FIFO-based Perl script for sending email based on proftpd TransferLog SYNOPSIS
ftpmail [ --help ] [ --fifo fifo-path ] [ --from email-address ] [ --log xferlog-file ] [ --recipient email-address ] [ --subject email- subject ] [ --smtp-server server-address ] [ --attach-file ] [ --auth smtp-auth-info-file ] [ --ignore-users regex-pattern ] [ --watch- users regex-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
ftpmail is a Perl script designed to read ProFTPD's TransferLog log entries, watching for uploads, and to send an automatic email notifica- tion when uploads occur. To use ftpmail , you configure your proftpd daemon to write its TransferLog to a FIFO; the ftpmail program is a FIFO reading program which then processes those log messages. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. --attach-file If used, this will cause a copy of the uploaded file to be included, as an attachment, in the generated email. --auth smtp-auth-info-file Configures the path to a file containing SMTP authentication information. The configured file should look like this: user username password password --fifo fifo-path Indicates the path to the FIFO to which proftpd is writing its TransferLog. That is, this is the path that you used for the TransferLog directive in your proftpd.conf. This parameter is REQUIRED. --from email-address Specifies the email address to use in the From email header. This parameter is REQUIRED. --ignore-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is NOT sent; otherwise, an email is sent. --log xferlog-path Since this script reads the TransferLog using FIFOs, the actual TransferLog file is not written by default. Use this option to write the normal TransferLog file, in addition to watching for uploads. --recipient email-address Specifies an email address to which to send an email notification of the upload. This option can be used multiple times to specify multiple recipients. AT LEAST ONE recipient is REQUIRED. --smtp-server server-address Specifies the SMTP server to which to send the email. This parameter is REQUIRED. --subject subject Specify a custom Subject email header for the email sent. The default Subject is: User '$user' uploaded file '$file' via FTP --watch-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is sent; otherwise, no email is sent. FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8), xferlog(5) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2011 ftpmail(1)