Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting symbolic link to an executable file Post 302430895 by Scott on Saturday 19th of June 2010 12:20:26 PM
Old 06-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaloopa
1) yes it does
2) yes it is
3) my system doesn't save exported variables on logout, so I'd have to do this every time I logged in or add the code to the script. Surely there's a tidier way than that?
To point 3: If you set the PATH in your .profile as suggested, you wouldn't have to do anything when you log back in.

As to points 1 and 2: It's not sh you need to use to run the script, but the path to the script, which could be remedied as described in point 3.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get symbolic link file

hi all, I am trying to ftp and get some symbolic link file as it is instead of getting whatever it is pointing at. Is it do-able? Thx in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

symbolic Link

question abt symbolic link ... i'm doing the following ... ln -s x.sh ./scripts/y.sh and cat ./scripts/y.sh it is giving following error cat: cannot open y.sh Any reason u an think of ? But it is working fine when i goto scripts directory and cretae the symbolic link. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find .dat file in symbolic link

Hi, I am trying to find all files in a directory that have .dat and .int extensions and removing them. rm -f `find ${MY_DIR} -type f -name '*.dat' -o -name '*.int'` This works fine if $MY_DIR is a regular directory. However when $MY_DIR is a symbolic link then this command fails. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeto
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

symbolic link

Hi, i am trying to create sym links on sles 11 , but it seems i am doing something wrong. oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> pwd /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> ln -s /db/ACIS/dbase/dbf/ /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic Link Help

Hello All, This may be a silly question to some but I am really stuck. Is there a way to reverse the following; sudo rm /bin/sh sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh It was part of a driver compile/installation procedure by Digi for Ubuntu stating that dash isn't supported and a symbolic link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic link to an empty file shows size 2

Hi, I have created an empty file and a symbolic link to a file. But when I issue the following commands, I am getting the output 2. stat -c "%s" linkfile du -hb linkfile Why this is happening? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls on a symbolic link

Hi all, Can anyone please confirm if the command below is the only way that I can get what the symbolic link is set to? mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$: ls -l | grep "^l" lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 28 Aug 9 2011 bdump -> diag/rdbms/posp1/posp1/trace mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tomcat 6.0 fails to read symlink(symbolic link) file

Hello all experts, Im in a situation where Tomcat simply does not want to read this file through the symlink.... I checked permissions..OK Also checked file & tomcat owner...all OK. This is what I have my /tomcat/conf/Catalina/local/appname.xml <Context> <Resource name="jdbc/black" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingaKoopa
3 Replies
make_combined_log.pl(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   make_combined_log.pl(1)

NAME
make_combined_log.pl - make combined logfile from SQL database SYNOPSIS
make_combined_log.pl <days> <virtual host> DESCRIPTION
This perl script extracts the httpd access data from a MySQL database and formats it properly for parsing by 3rd-party log analysis tools. The script is intended to be run out by cron. Its commandline arguments tell it how many days' worth of access records to extract, and which virtual_host you are interested in (because many people log several virthosts to one MySQL db.) This permits you to run it daily, weekly, every 9 days -- whatever you decide. NOTE
By "days" I mean "chunks of 24 hours prior to the moment this script is run." So if you run it at 4:34 p.m. on the 12th, it will go back through 4:34 p.m. on the 11th. KNOWN ISSUES
Because GET and POST are not discriminated in the MySQL log, we'll just assume that all requests are GETs. This should have negligible effect on any analysis software. This could be remedied IF you stored the full HTTP request in your database instead of just the URI, but that's going to cost you a LOT of space really quickly... Because this is somewhat of a quick hack it doesn't do the most robust error checking in the world. Run it by hand to confirm your usage before putting it in crontab. AUTHOR
Edward Rudd <eddie@omegaware.com> MAN PAGE CREATED BY
Michael A. Toth <lirul.lists@gmail.com> - based on comments of script COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man (1) by the same author. Manuals User make_combined_log.pl(1)