Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers exp command to extract particular rows Post 302430689 by boijie on Friday 18th of June 2010 11:03:09 AM
Old 06-18-2010
Thanks, that looks good, I'll try it out and let you know.

---------- Post updated at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:39 PM ----------

The code doesn't quite work. evrything is fine except this last bit:

Code:
QUERY=\"WHERE ADDED > '13/JUNE/2010 00:00:00'\"

do i need to escape all of the special charachters?

ADDED , the column name, is in caps and the date format is correct.

Thanks for your help with this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux > Export (exp) command

Hi All, When I run the following command to export the data dump file: $ exp DEV@ccprod I get the following message: Export done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion). The export works,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora_umair
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract duplicate rows

I have searched the internet for duplicate row extracting. All I have seen is extracting good rows or eliminating duplicate rows. How do I extract duplicate rows from a flat file in unix. I'm using Korn shell on HP Unix. For.eg. FlatFile.txt ======== 123:456:678 123:456:678 123:456:876... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi, I need to make some extraction . with the following input to get the right output. input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp and input: aex1234 ===> output: ex Thanks for your help, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract duplicate rows

Hi! I have a file as below: line1 line2 line2 line3 line3 line3 line4 line4 line4 line4 I would like to extract duplicate lines (not unique, triplicate or quadruplicate lines). Output will be as below: line2 line2 I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chromatin
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract specific rows

Hi I have a file that looks like the one below. For the same 'TCONS' in the second column, I would like to extract the row that has the highest (or last) number in the fourth column. Any kind of help will be appreciated. input transcript_id "TCONS_00000051"; exon_number "1"; transcript_id... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdhahbi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract selected rows

Hi, I have two files Input1.txt and Input2.txt and i need to have a output with selected lines starting with the values present in Input2.txt. For example: Input1.txt:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract fields from different rows.

Hi, I have data like below. SID=D6EB96CC0 HID=9C246D6 CSource=xya Cappe=1 Versionc=3670 MAR1=STL MARS2=STL REQ_BUFFER_ENCODING=UTF-8 REQ_BUFFER_ORIG_ENCODING=UTF-8 RESP_BODY_ENCODING=UTF-8 CON_ID=2713 I want to select CSource=xya (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract several columns with few rows

Hello, I want to extract several columns and rows from a huge tab delimited file for example: I want to print from from column 3 to 68 till row number 30. I have tried using cut command but it was extracting whole 3rd and 68th column. Please suggest a solution. Ryan (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan9011
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract rows that have a specific name

Hi I want to extract rows in a large files that have a specific name. The name can be "starved and rich", "rich", "starved" or " ". Heres an example: bob starved and rich jack rich joey starved mike so it can have either 3 names or no name. I want to put the names into a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows with different values at 2 columns

Hallo, I would need to extract only rows which has different value in the second and third column. Thank you very much for any advices Input: A 0 0 B 0 1 C 1 1 D 1 3 Output B 0 1 D 1 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
4 Replies
FREXP(P)						     POSIX Programmer's Manual							  FREXP(P)

NAME
frexp, frexpf, frexpl - extract mantissa and exponent from a double precision number SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double frexp(double num, int *exp); float frexpf(float num, int *exp); long double frexpl(long double num, int *exp); DESCRIPTION
These functions shall break a floating-point number num into a normalized fraction and an integral power of 2. The integer exponent shall be stored in the int object pointed to by exp. RETURN VALUE
For finite arguments, these functions shall return the value x, such that x has a magnitude in the interval [0.5,1) or 0, and num equals x times 2 raised to the power *exp. If num is NaN, a NaN shall be returned, and the value of *exp is unspecified. If num is +-0, +-0 shall be returned, and the value of *exp shall be 0. If num is +-Inf, num shall be returned, and the value of *exp is unspecified. ERRORS
No errors are defined. The following sections are informative. EXAMPLES
None. APPLICATION USAGE
None. RATIONALE
None. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
None. SEE ALSO
isnan() , ldexp() , modf() , the Base Definitions volume of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001, <math.h> COPYRIGHT
Portions of this text are reprinted and reproduced in electronic form from IEEE Std 1003.1, 2003 Edition, Standard for Information Technol- ogy -- Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6, Copyright (C) 2001-2003 by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc and The Open Group. In the event of any discrepancy between this version and the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard, the original IEEE and The Open Group Standard is the referee document. The original Standard can be obtained online at http://www.opengroup.org/unix/online.html . IEEE
/The Open Group 2003 FREXP(P)