Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GMT to PST
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GMT to PST Post 302430641 by sandy1028 on Friday 18th of June 2010 07:51:29 AM
Old 06-18-2010
GMT to PST

I have a file which is tab delimited, it contains the GMT date.
Please tell me how to convert from GMT to PST time and if the date and time is of 2 days ago from the current date store the lines in a file or else remove the line.
Code:
10.1.10.178  -       -       [15/Jun/2010:23:30:34    +0000]      -
10.1.10.178  -       -       [16/Jun/2010:23:30:34    +0000]      -

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing sys clock (PST to UTC)

Hi I'm trying to change my sys clock from PST to UTC. I've read the man date page it helpfully says :- -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time as root I have tried date --universal, date -u, date --utc, I have checked the /etc/sysinfo/clock file the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me about gmt scripts

does somebody know GMT mapping? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANGUINE
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GMT to PST

99.60.97.205 - - GET /2009-03-29/world/impact.row.atlantic_1_rower-paul-ridley-cancer-research?_s=PM:WORLD HTTP/1.1 200 9386 www.abc.com Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference between pst and pdt dates in perl

Hi, how to calculate the time difference between PST date and PDT date in perl scripting. date1: Mon Dec 31 16:00:01 PST 2015 date2: Tue Mar 19 06:09:30 PDT 2013 and also difference between PST-PST and PDT-PDT need difference in months or days (months prefereble). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen265
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Changing the timezone to GMT+1

Hello everyone, Can you please help me with this problem? I want to change the timezone of my Solaris 10 system. I found on internet that I should do the following steps: 1- Edit the /etc/TIMEZONE file 2- restart the system : init 6 My question is : In the file /etc/TIMEZONE I should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Reading MS Outlook pst file

I found a few products that claim to be able to recover deleted emails. Any recommendations? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting timestamp from PST to UTC

I need to convert the given datetime from PST to UTC, i gone through multiple forum examples but everywhere it mentioned about converting the server datetime. So could someone help me on this. I will be getting arguments for my script in the format of yyyymmddhh (eg:2015101004 - it will be pst),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
4 Replies
DATE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print and set the date SYNOPSIS
date [-nu] [-d dst] [-t timezone] [yymmddhhmm [.ss] ] DESCRIPTION
If no arguments are given, the current date and time are printed. Providing an argument will set the desired date; only the superuser can set the date. The -d and -t flags set the kernel's values for daylight savings time and minutes west of GMT. If dst is non-zero, future calls to gettimeofday(2) will return a non-zero tz_dsttime. Timezone provides the number of minutes returned by future calls to gettimeof- day(2) in tz_minuteswest. The -u flag is used to display or set the date in GMT (universal) time. yy represents the last two digits of the year; the first mm is the month number; dd is the day number; hh is the hour number (24 hour system); the second mm is the minute num- ber; .ss is optional and represents the seconds. For example: date 8506131627 sets the date to June 13 1985, 4:27 PM. The year, month and day may be omitted; the default values will be the current ones. The system operates in GMT. Date takes care of the conversion to and from local standard and daylight-saving time. If timed(8) is running to synchronize the clocks of machines in a local area network, date sets the time globally on all those machines unless the -n option is given. FILES
/usr/adm/wtmp to record time-setting. In /usr/adm/messages, date records the name of the user setting the time. SEE ALSO
gettimeofday(2), utmp(5), timed(8), TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD, R. Gusella and S. Zatti DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 on success, 1 on complete failure to set the date, and 2 on successfully setting the local date but failing globally. Occasionally, when timed synchronizes the time on many hosts, the setting of a new time value may require more than a few seconds. On these occasions, date prints: `Network time being set'. The message `Communication error with timed' occurs when the communication between date and timed fails. BUGS
The system attempts to keep the date in a format closely compatible with VMS. VMS, however, uses local time (rather than GMT) and does not understand daylight-saving time. Thus, if you use both UNIX and VMS, VMS will be running on GMT. 4th Berkeley Distribution March 24, 1987 DATE(1)