Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display Commands
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display Commands Post 302430632 by kunalpatil09 on Friday 18th of June 2010 07:18:30 AM
Old 06-18-2010
Bug Display Commands

Hi everyone,

I am kunal,....

What command is used to display only directories (not files). ?

thanks in advance.....

kunal patil
kunalpatil09@gmail.com

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Commands to display the Filesnames

Query: In a directory there are 20 files, I have to display the Filenames which contains the content as JAVA in any line of the file. Please tell me the command or commands. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kish_kk84
3 Replies

3. Solaris

display remote commands

is there a way to display the commands the the remote user is typing -I would like to know a way by which i can log onto a remote system and type commands as the user watched on the console - I know about vnc but that is not what i am looking for -or is it rexec ? Ndegem SCSA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndegem
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display lines 30 to 40 of a text file using head and/or tail commands

Assume that the text file contains over 40 lines. How do you do this?!?!? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX commands to display the biggest file by size in a directory

Hello guys, Please i need to know the biggest files in my directory let's say$ >du -h | egrep 'M|G|G' 195M ./TMP 3.6M ./TP_DEC2012 146G . But here the result it's giving me the biggest directory in the path. Actually i want to know the biggest file in 146G . Can anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
6 Replies
DEBCONF-UPDATEPO(1)						    po-debconf						       DEBCONF-UPDATEPO(1)

NAME
debconf-updatepo - update PO files about debconf templates SYNOPSIS
debconf-updatepo [-v] [-h] [--podir=DIR] [--skip-pot] [--skip-merge] [--msgid-bugs-address=EMAIL] DESCRIPTION
This program reads po/POTFILES.in to determine which master files need to be processed, then extracts new gettext strings into po/templates.pot and updates all po/*.po files. This script can be called either in the top-level directory, or in the debian or debian/po subdirectories. It is run by developer and/or translator to update PO files when the English text is modified in templates files. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a usage summary and exit. -v, --verbose Process in verbose mode. --podir=DIR Set directory for PO files. By default PO files are searched in debian/po, po and ../po directories in that order. --skip-pot Do not generate a new po/templates.pot file. --skip-merge Do not merge existing PO files with po/templates.pot. --msgid-bugs-address=EMAIL Set the email address that will be specified in the POT's Report-Msgid-Bugs-To field. By default, this field is set to <package>@package.debian.org. It is intended for the maintainers of Debian based distributions, and should be used in the following cases: o The package is not present in Debian (and thus the <package>@packages.debian.org address does not exist). o The maintainer made significant changes in the debconf templates (or added templates to a Debian package without templates), and does not want to bother the Debian maintainer with bug reports that won't be relevant for the Debian maintainer. The default address is preferred to avoid corrections in the Debian based distribution without a notification to the Debian maintainer. SEE ALSO
debconf-gettextize(1), po2debconf(1), podebconf-report-po(1), po-debconf(7). AUTHOR
Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> 2011-12-29 DEBCONF-UPDATEPO(1)