Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Program to insert Delimiters at fixed locations in a file, Can you please Debug it for me?? Post 302430118 by jd_mca on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 03:49:40 PM
Old 06-16-2010
Yes It was intended.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I insert commas/delimiters in File

Hi, Newbie here. Need to convert a txt file to .csv format. There's no character to replace so not sure if I can use sed :confused: . The comma is to be inserted after every certain number of characters in each line... Help! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbelen
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines between delimiters

I'm working with a file like: somestuff somemorestuff ... someadditionalstuff STARTTAG ENDTAG someotherstuff somecoolstuff ... somefinalstuffI've got some text (either in a file or piped) to put between STARTTAG and ENDTAG. I was thinking something like grepping for the line number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMDan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string deletion, variable contents, fixed delimiters

Hi, I need to mass delete the following string(s) from my files weight=100, However the '100' is variable e.g Current: ---------------- moretext=bar, weight=100, moreinfo=blah extrastuff=hi, weight=9999, extrainfo=foo Desired: ------------------ moretext=bar, moreinfo=blah... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the rows with match string on a fixed lenth text file - NO delimiters

Hi I am trying to fetch the rows with match string "0000001234" Input file looks like below: 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshk
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert Delimiter at fixed locations in a flat file

Hi Can somebody help me with solution for this PLEASE? I have a flat file and need to insert delimiters at fixed positions in all the lines so that I can easily convert into EXCEL with columns defined as per their width. For Example Here is the file { kkjhdhal sdfewss sdtereetyw... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a string without fixed delimiters

I have a line of text for example aaaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee ffffff I would need to get the cccc however bbbb could be there or not. So whether bbbb is in the line or not I need cccc. I was looking at either awk or sed....and trying to start at c and end until the next space. Also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan1
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

running C program to output in multiple locations

Hi Guys, What I am looking at doing is to run a C program in my home directory, but output files in multiple directories BUT not at the same instance. For e.g. 1st instance: Run program.c and output results in path /aaa/bbb/ccc/ 2nd instance: Run program.c again and output results... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jatsui
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a variable to a text file after fixed number of lines

Hi, I am new to unix. I need to insert a variable which contains some lines of text into a text file after fixed number of lines.. Please help me on this.. Thanks in Advance, Amrutha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr89
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a complete file into another file after certain fixed line

Hi Friends, I am writing a shell script where it is required to insert a file say file1 into file2 after certain number of fixed lines in file2.. Please help me how this could be done.. Please suggest me any useful links i need to go through to achieve this.... Thanks in advance .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr89
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert data between comma delimiters-large file

Having a huge file in the following format. 2,3,1,,,4 1,2,3,,,,,5, 8,7,3,4,,,, Output needed is: 2,3,1,0.0,0.0,4 1,2,3,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,5, 8,7,3,4,0.0,0.0,0.0, I have tried reading the file each line, using AWK to parse to find out ",," and then insert 0.0 . It works but very slow. Need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wincrazy
8 Replies
fixed(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						    fixed(3alleg4)

NAME
fixed - Fixed point integer to replace floats. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> typedef long fixed DESCRIPTION
This is a fixed point integer which can replace float with similar results and is faster than float on low end machines. Read chapter "Fixed point math routines" for the full explanation. SEE ALSO
, ex12bit(3alleg4), ex3buf(3alleg4), ex3d(3alleg4), excustom(3alleg4), exfixed(3alleg4), exrotscl(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exstars(3alleg4), exupdate(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixed(3alleg4)