Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep inside if condition - need help Post 302429972 by dazdseg on Wednesday 16th of June 2010 09:29:31 AM
Old 06-16-2010
PHP grep inside if condition - need help

hi i need help with below code.

Code:
if [[ `grep "Error - The script has to be run first" ${LOCAL_DIR}/ar_${DATE}_${ID}.txt` ]]
                        then
log "Exiting the script as ID= NULL"
log "Please run script first."
fi

i am calling grep inside this but its not running any ideas why ??

input file is like this --

Code:

Msg 102, Level 20, State 1:
Server 'VA_DS', Line 12:
Incorrect syntax near 'Error - The script has to be run first'.

need help urgently

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check for a condition inside a file

Hi I am writing a script file which sends the log files along with their size in a folder named log to a file called temp.log using the following cmd: ls -st 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026** >> /home/user/temp.log the temp.log looks like this: 16 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_message070321.log ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking condition inside the loop

Hi all, I have one clarification i am using the loop which will process for each record .suppose there is f ailure in the first record it need to send mail and process the next .my code: defcount=`cat <filename>|wc -l` while ] do if <some condiotion> then echo "mail" fi done so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

condition inside a for loop

I have a for loop in my script as shown below. for file_path in $file_list ; do ........my code .......... ...... done Can i restrict the number of files parsing to the variable file_path as 50? That is, even if I have some 100 files in file_list, I need to take only 50 files for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value inside <text> tag for a particular condition.

Hi All! I have obtained following output from a tool "pdftohtml" :: So, my input is as under: <text top="246" left="160" width="84" height="16" font="3">Business purpose</text> <text top="260" left="506" width="220" height="16" font="3">giving the right information and new insights... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using flag inside a for loop to check condition

I have a logic like this It initializes the flag variable as "T" at the beginning of the loop everytime Inside each loop it checks for two conditions and updates the flag variable as "A" or "B" In the end of the loop it checks for the value of the variable flag for "A" or "B" and execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition inside while???

Hi source is text file named alpha.text containing entries ABC DEF XYZ YYY BBB I need a small shell script which should do read the entries in alpha.text one by one and check it with the current date. If the date is Mon (monday) and entry read from the file is 'DEF' then this should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Command inside If condition

Hi All, I am facing a alien problem in unix shell script. i have a requirement where i have to check first whether a particular file has been created or not if that file has been created then that file needs to be ftped to a particular dir. My Code is like that Success='code for file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryan_styles
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check condition inside the loop

Hi, I am in trouble. I can get inside my condition test inside a loop : I am in ksh (solaris) while read file do <commande to retrieve file> >> ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} msg_err=$(cat ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} | grep "error retrieve") if ; then <sendmail> exit 1 fi done I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching patterns inside a condition in awk

I have the following in an awk script. I want to do them on condition that: fext == "xt" FNR == NR { />/ && idx = ++i $2 || val = $1 next } FNR in idx { v = val] } { !/>/ && srdist = abs($1 - v) } />/ || NF == 2 && srdist < dsrmx {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying awk code to be inside condition

I have the following awk script and I want to change it to be inside a condition for the file extension. ################################################################################ # abs: Returns the absolute value of a number function abs(val) { return val > 0 ? val \ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)