Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx to set priorities
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx to set priorities Post 302429862 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 10:57:12 PM
Old 06-15-2010
There is no way to set mail priority using Solaris mailx.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Set Mime type to mailx

I have a problem while sending attachement , it is displying Content into body of mail (Junk Data) instead of attachment (zip format) in Linux, same code is working in Sun Solaris.. I have read query in this site , need to set MIME type to mailx componment. Please help me how to set MIME type..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Programming

setting thread priorities

hi all: ->could someone tell how 2 set thread priorities in a prg -> also how to create multiple dynamic threads.. help me.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bankpro
1 Replies

4. AIX

crontab priorities

I have a user that wants to run a backup of an oracle database via a file copy. They shut down the database once a week, and do a full copy. She wrote a script to do this for her, and it works, but when she runs it from cron, it takes twice as long. I took a look, and found a way to get it to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechFly
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set HIGH importance to a mail sent through mailx or sendmail command

I have written a script for sending automated email, reporting the running status of a cron scheduled work. Now, the issue is, my Project Manager wants, the mail should be received with HIGH IMPORTANCE. How can I do that, kindly anybody explain. Thank you so much. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitte_dino
3 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

ionice command to set i/o priorities for domUs

Hi, I have xen on a debian lenny with more then 20 VM. The supermicro server has a raid10 with a good performance, but I have IO issues when one VM is making backup, it affects the performance of the other VMs. I've setup cpus, vcpus, sched-credit between dom0 and domUs as doc recommended, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
0 Replies

7. Solaris

mailx/sendmail configuration/set up problem

Hello Good People of Linux World!!! Background: Recent Networking Graduate, thrown in line of fire. For the past couple of days I have been searching online for answers and haven't gotten anywhere regarding Mailx, Sendmail functionality on SunOS 5.9. My dilemma: Mailx / sendmail are... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazmiM
28 Replies

8. IP Networking

Set default return address for all mails sent from mailx

Hi, I have a question about mailx in Red Hat: If I use 'mail userid@mydomain.com -- -f root@mydomain.com', the return mail address will be root@mydomain.com. How can I make all mails sent from this system use root@mydomain.com as return address by default? Thank you in advance! nz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
logger(1)							   User Commands							 logger(1)

NAME
logger - add entries to the system log SYNOPSIS
logger [-i] [-f file] [-p priority] [-t tag] [message] ... DESCRIPTION
The logger command provides a method for adding one-line entries to the system log file from the command line. One or more message argu- ments can be given on the command line, in which case each is logged immediately. If this is unspecified, either the file indicated with -f or the standard input is added to the log. Otherwise, a file can be specified, in which case each line in the file is logged. If neither is specified, logger reads and logs messages on a line-by-line basis from the standard input. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ffile Uses the contents of file as the message to log. -i Logs the process ID of the logger process with each line. -ppriority Enters the message with the specified priority. The message priority can be specified numerically, or as a facility.level pair. For example, `-p local3.info' assigns the message priority to the info level in the local3 facility. The default priority is user.notice. -ttag Marks each line added to the log with the specified tag. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: message One of the string arguments whose contents are concatenated together, in the order specified, separated by single space characters. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the logger command The following example: example% logger System rebooted logs the message `System rebooted' to the default priority level notice to be treated by syslogd as are other messages to the facility user. The next example: example% logger -p local0.notice -t HOSTIDM -f /dev/idmc reads from the file /dev/idmc and logs each line in that file as a message with the tag `HOSTIDM' at priority level notice to be treated by syslogd as are other messages to the facility local0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of logger: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1), write(1), syslogd(1M), syslog(3C), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 logger(1)