Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is not an identifier error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting is not an identifier error Post 302429843 by svajhala on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 06:53:24 PM
Old 06-15-2010
Bug

sorry to bug you again and again. The script creates the spool file. But it is not executing the spool file. My requirement is to run the spool file once it is created, so that it will export the variables in spool file. I need these exported variables as I am using them in multiple places with in the script.

Below is the code that I have changed as per your suggestion.

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
export TmpFile=/apps/sam/scripts/listen.$$
eval `sqlplus -s scott/tiger@orcl << !
  set feedback off
  set heading off
  SPOOL ${TmpFile}
  SELECT 'export LastExtractDate="' ||''''|| TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'DD/MM/YYYY HH12:MI:SS' ) ||''''|| '";' FROM DW_JOB_STREAMS WHERE JOB_STREAM_ID = 'wf_Table_To_File'
  UNION
  SELECT 'export DBName="' ||''''|| SUBSTR(source_table_name,1,INSTR(source_table_name,'.' )-1  ) ||''''|| '";' FROM DW_JOB_STREAMS WHERE JOB_STREAM_ID = 'wf_Table_To_File'
  UNION
  SELECT 'export src_tbl_name="' ||''''|| SUBSTR(source_table_name,INSTR(source_table_name,'.' )+1  ) ||''''|| '";' FROM DW_JOB_STREAMS WHERE JOB_STREAM_ID = 'wf_Table_To_File'
  UNION
  SELECT 'export Access_User="' ||''''|| LOWER(ACCESS_USER) ||''''|| '";' FROM DW_JOB_STREAMS WHERE JOB_STREAM_ID = 'wf_Table_To_File';
!`
  chmod ugo+rwx $TmpFile
  . ${TmpFile}
echo $LastExtractDate
echo $DBName
echo $src_tbl_name
echo $Access_User

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting is not an identifier error

Hi all, I am getting this error while setting CLASSPTH using a script my script is #!bin/ksh export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:<some path>:<some path> If i do this thing on shell prompt individually it is working fine. but while using in shell script it is giving error. better if you... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: swat
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

': not a valid identifier

I am trying to write a bash script. I am able to do simple things like pass arguments, assign variables and echo the results. However, when I try to declare and array or anything a little more complicated I get ': not a valid identifier Here is my code so far: #!/bin/bash echo start t... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: script123
7 Replies

3. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ORACLE_SID= ...: is not an identifier

Hello All, On My solaris 5.10 SPARC, i am always having problems setting my Oracle variables. even if it exists in the .profile file. below is an example $ export ORACLE_SID=test ORACLE_SID=test: is not an identifier even that the echo is returning the variable $ echo $ORACLE_SID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier issue

Hi, We are in the process of migrating our servers from Solaris to AIX. During our testing phase, while we are testing the scripts(reccnt.int), we are getting the following error during execution: /reccnt.int: a:fname:b:dte:tme:eqind:norecs:cntr:c:d:e:f: is not an identifier It is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while extracting a line from a file based on identifier

here is the content of input file CREATE TABLE `bla bla bla` ( `allianceSiteId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `trunkGroupsId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `lastModified` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, UNIQUE KEY `allianceSiteId`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Is not a identifier error

Hi I am trying to execute a script. I have solaris 10, After i login i will toggle to BASH. The script tried to set a variable called CARBON_HOME. Even i tried to set it manually. But still it is saying the following error.:wall: " CARBON_HOME=/usr/wso2/wso2esb-4.0.0: is not an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation Error--Undeclared Identifier

Hello, I am trying to install BBFTP software on my Mac (OS X), and am running into some compilation errors. Here is the code, the specific errors are listed after: #include <dirent.h> #include <errno.h> #include <fnmatch.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <syslog.h> #include <sys/stat.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
1 Replies
uuaids(8c)																uuaids(8c)

Name
       uucompact, uumkspool, uurespool, uupoll - uucp utilities

Syntax
       uucompact -ssystem
       uumkspool system ...
       uurespool [ -t# ]
       uupoll system ...

Description
       All of the commands are located in

The  command  compacts  uucp  system spool directories and associated subdirectories. If system is ALL, then all existing uucp system spool
       directories are compacted.  Otherwise, only the specified system spool directory is compacted.  If no system is	specified,  is	compacted.
       If  is stopped before it is finished, it can be restarted without reprocessing directories.  The command continues processing where it left
       off during it's previous instantiation.

The command makes a per system spool directory and associated subdirectories for each of the specified systems.	For example, if system	is
       mk3 and if the local system name is penny, the following directories are created:
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/C.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/X.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
       The  command  moves files from old spool directories to	new spool directories.	Because the structure of the spool directories has changed
       from older versions of it is necessary to respool old spooled files to new spool directories in at least two instances:

o    When installing the current version of

o    When creating a new system spool directory for each system.

In the latter case, it is necessary to move files from to the new spool directories.  To ease this task, moves files that have been spooled
       in  one	of 4 formats and respools them under the new spooling structure.  The format is specified by the -t# option, where the number sign
       (#) can be any one of the following:

o   Original spool - All files are in

o   Split spool - Contains the subdirectories

o   Modified split spool -  Contains all subdirectories listed in split spool, and

o   Used when a new system directory has been created and spool files must be moved from the DEFAULT directory to the new system directory.

The command forces a connect attempt to the named systems even if recent attempts have failed, but not if the file prohibits the call.  For
       example, the file will prohibit the call if it is the wrong time of day.  Thus, the should be monitored for messages about the connection.

Files
       Spool directory

Logfile

See Also
       mail(1), uucp(1c), uux(1c)

uuaids(8c)