Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to configure sound in Knoppix Post 302429818 by Corona688 on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 04:17:28 PM
Old 06-15-2010
What is your system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure my Sound Card????

I use sndconfig to configure it ..in addation the sample sound worked but the MIDI not work and game me an error from /var/log/messages I get that : Feb 18 09:04:35 localhost kernel: cs4232: set synthio and synthirq to use the wavefront facilities. Feb 18 09:04:50 localhost kernel: YM3812 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Why i can't use the tool "turbosoundcfg" to configure the sound in my TurboLinux?

But the page "http://www.chinalinuxpub.com/doc/tlc61/node60.html" says it can.Why ?What can i do? Help me ! Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sensir163
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I configure my sound card?

Where should I go for sound card configurations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: confusedoflife
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help running Knoppix

i need help running Knoppix on my comp (which is windows). I have the cd with the iso on it and it works on my moms computer but not mine :( this is what it says to do How do I run KNOPPIX? In order to start the CD, first adjust the boot list in the BIOS Setup of your computer to boot from CD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smokinchili21
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KNOPPIX CD not Booting

I have downloaded KNOPIIX and burned it on a CD, it niether boots from CD nor could I open the file, it seems the extension is .iso, would you mind sending me your comment,please. Thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir
2 Replies

6. Debian

knoppix version?

hi all again!! just a stupide question: how do you find the version of a knoppix? like the /etc/mandrake-release on mdk machines?? I have no idea of where to search.. Jason (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

7. SuSE

knoppix

Hi, I want to learn linux but I don't want to install on my hard drive. I came to know about knoppix that could give me the answer. But If I download the same (approx 700 MB) from free download site and copy it to CD, Will it work ? please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix

Hello All, I have a Knoppix CD. I am able to boot Knoppix(Linux) from the CD. How do I save a document that I created using OpenOffice(Writer) to either my harddrive on Windows or to a USB instead of the CD itself. I am new to Knoppix and am not sure of the GUI. I tried mounting the USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix; What's the gist of it.

I have a couple of Rescue Disks I was experimenting with and someone suggested that I use Knoppix instead. I have the newest version of it and it seems more like an Emergency O.S than anything else. The only useful tool I can find on it is Gparted. Do you have to add Emergency Applications to it? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
5 Replies
sound-juicer(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   sound-juicer(1)

NAME
sound-juicer - GNOME-desktop CD ripper and player using GStreamer SYNOPSIS
sound-juicer [option...] DESCRIPTION
sound-juicer is a CD ripper and player for GNOME which aims to have a simple, clean, easy to use interface. sound-juicer supports encoding to several popular audio formats such as Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, additional formats can be added through GStreamer plugins. For additional documentation on interactive use of sound-juicer select the Help menu option. The menus allow access to features not avail- able through command-line options. OPTIONS
-a, --auto-start Start extracting immediately -p, --play Start playing immediately -d, --device=DEVICE What CD device to read --display=DISPLAY X display to use -?, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options --help-gst Show GStreamer Options --help-gtk Show GTK+ Options --help-bonobo-activation Show Bonobo Activation options --help-gnome Show GNOME options --help-gnome-session Show session management options --help-gnome-ui Show GNOME GUI options AUTHOR
sound-juicer was written by Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com>. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2006-11-26 sound-juicer(1)