Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is not an identifier error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting is not an identifier error Post 302429815 by svajhala on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 04:10:27 PM
Old 06-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
Hi.

I think you need to apply the quotes to all of them in turn, not just one.

As an example:

Code:
$ cat Test1
eval `sqlplus -s scott/tiger << !
  set feedback off
  set heading off
  select 'export XX="' || sysdate || '";' from dual
  union
  select 'export YY="' || 123 || '";' from dual;
!`

echo $XX
echo $YY

Code:
$ ./Test1
15-JUN-10

Hey Scott,

Your script works fine for the scenario you mentioned in above script. But in my case, I have a date column with timestamp attached to it. so there is a space between the date value and time part which is causing the issue here. the value will be like this. 15/06/2010 12:30:30 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting is not an identifier error

Hi all, I am getting this error while setting CLASSPTH using a script my script is #!bin/ksh export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:<some path>:<some path> If i do this thing on shell prompt individually it is working fine. but while using in shell script it is giving error. better if you... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: swat
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

': not a valid identifier

I am trying to write a bash script. I am able to do simple things like pass arguments, assign variables and echo the results. However, when I try to declare and array or anything a little more complicated I get ': not a valid identifier Here is my code so far: #!/bin/bash echo start t... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: script123
7 Replies

3. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ORACLE_SID= ...: is not an identifier

Hello All, On My solaris 5.10 SPARC, i am always having problems setting my Oracle variables. even if it exists in the .profile file. below is an example $ export ORACLE_SID=test ORACLE_SID=test: is not an identifier even that the echo is returning the variable $ echo $ORACLE_SID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier issue

Hi, We are in the process of migrating our servers from Solaris to AIX. During our testing phase, while we are testing the scripts(reccnt.int), we are getting the following error during execution: /reccnt.int: a:fname:b:dte:tme:eqind:norecs:cntr:c:d:e:f: is not an identifier It is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while extracting a line from a file based on identifier

here is the content of input file CREATE TABLE `bla bla bla` ( `allianceSiteId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `trunkGroupsId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `lastModified` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, UNIQUE KEY `allianceSiteId`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Is not a identifier error

Hi I am trying to execute a script. I have solaris 10, After i login i will toggle to BASH. The script tried to set a variable called CARBON_HOME. Even i tried to set it manually. But still it is saying the following error.:wall: " CARBON_HOME=/usr/wso2/wso2esb-4.0.0: is not an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation Error--Undeclared Identifier

Hello, I am trying to install BBFTP software on my Mac (OS X), and am running into some compilation errors. Here is the code, the specific errors are listed after: #include <dirent.h> #include <errno.h> #include <fnmatch.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <syslog.h> #include <sys/stat.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
1 Replies
OSACOMPILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     OSACOMPILE(1)

NAME
osacompile -- compile AppleScripts and other OSA language scripts SYNOPSIS
osacompile [-l language] [-e command] [-o name] [-d] [-r type:id] [-t type] [-c creator] [-x] [-s] [-u] [-a arch] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
osacompile compiles the given files, or standard input if none are listed, into a single output script. Files may be plain text or other compiled scripts. The options are as follows: -l language Override the language for any plain text files. Normally, plain text files are compiled as AppleScript. -e command Enter one line of a script. Script commands given via -e are prepended to the normal source, if any. Multiple -e options may be given to build up a multi-line script. Because most scripts use characters that are special to many shell programs (e.g., AppleScript uses single and double quote marks, ``('', ``)'', and ``*''), the command will have to be correctly quoted and escaped to get it past the shell intact. -o name Place the output in the file name. If -o is not specified, the resulting script is placed in the file ``a.scpt''. The value of -o partly determines the output file format; see below. -x Save the resulting script as execute-only. The following options are only relevant when creating a new bundled applet or droplet: -s Stay-open applet. -u Use startup screen. -a arch Create the applet or droplet for the specified target architecture arch. The allowable values are ``ppc'', ``i386'', and ``x86_64''. The default is to create a universal binary. The following options control the packaging of the output file. You should only need them for compatibility with classic Mac OS or for cus- tom file formats. -d Place the resulting script in the data fork of the output file. This is the default. -r type:id Place the resulting script in the resource fork of the output file, in the specified resource. -t type Set the output file type to type, where type is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. -c creator Set the output file creator to creator, where creator is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. If no options are specified, osacompile produces a Mac OS X format script file: data fork only, with no type or creator code. If the -o option is specified and the file does not already exist, osacompile uses the filename extension to determine what type of file to create. If the filename ends with ``.app'', it creates a bundled applet or droplet. If the filename ends with ``.scptd'', it creates a bun- dled compiled script. Otherwise, it creates a flat file with the script data placed according to the values of the -d and -r options. EXAMPLES
To produce a script compatible with classic Mac OS: osacompile -r scpt:128 -t osas -c ToyS example.applescript SEE ALSO
osascript(1), osalang(1) Mac OS X November 12, 2008 Mac OS X