Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reprint the select menu after a selection Post 302429622 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 04:00:59 AM
Old 06-15-2010
Two suggestions:
1. What happens if you use:
Code:
REPLY=""

2. what happens if you use /usr/dt/bin/dtksh instead of ksh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic Select menu

Hi all is menu driven by SELECT can be a dynamic ? My requirement is that i want SELECT to be created on run time not predefine . The select should be created as per the no of words in a file thanks in advance rawat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select command to build menu

Hello everyone. I am using the select command to build a menu, here is my question: Is it possible to generate a menu which contains several sections and have a separator between the sections without having a selection number generated in front of the separator? This is a sample of what I would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu help with array selection

Hi there all I got the following I got multiple arrays named for example STAT_AAAA STAT_AAAB STAT_AAAC STAT_AAAD Now what I want I have chosen an option in a menu to select 1 but I dont want to write for all the same thing so I made it a signle one now what I want is to get STAT_ and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
6 Replies

4. Linux

Opt out of selection menu?

When I logon to my server with PuTTY I am forced into a selection menu with few options. How to I opt out of this menu to get to the home directory to view all of the files on the server? Thanks for the help. :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksirimarco
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input A Menu Selection In A Variable

hey all, me again....having a problem with my code, where I essentially am trying to show a menu, have the user select an option (from 1 to 5), then display which selection they picked... #!/bin/bash # A LIST OF THE ERROR MESSAGES AND THE PROPER SYNTAX: error_0="Correct amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A selection menu in a shell script

I'm writing a shell script and have a problem with selection when I issue the command, is there a way to automatically choose a selection number one after a selection menue appear Command 1-choice 2- choice 3-choice Thanks Sara (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic menu selection? Help..

Hi guys, i would like to create a program that allow user to show the information of certain thing such as network card. I would like the menu to be dynamic, for example: my computer system have 2 network card inserted at the moment, therefore the menu will have 2 choice for the user. eth0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog --menu limitation for the entries for selection

Hi Guys, Please pardon me if this is a silly question, but I have tried to find an answer and going through the man page and failed to get one. I have created a menu driven script with dialog --menu option. Everything is working as expeted, however, it seems that if I have more than 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ww889
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'select' for menu input

A lot of my scripting makes use of the 'select' command to create menu driven input. A typical example of how I use it is as: somevar='' PS3='Select one: ' while ]; do select somevar in $(sqlplus -s $dbuser/$dbpw@mydb <<EOF set echo off feedback off verify off... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck with menu in select

hi i am new to bash scripting .. i created a bunch of folders but only want the folder names with file1. so i go in and make an array to grab the folders the put in a file then i strip the directories so i just have the folder names i need then i would like to make the menu with a selection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamby22
3 Replies