Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail shell script Post 302429477 by ygemici on Monday 14th of June 2010 02:06:27 PM
Old 06-14-2010
Code:
echo hello | mailx  -s "test" -c test2user -b testuser root

Code:

echo hello | mailx  -s "test" -c ygemici@mailx.com -b ygemici2@mailx.com ygemici@redhat.com

This User Gave Thanks to ygemici For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail command in a shell script

i wanted to write a shell script that can automatically read unread mails and copy each one into a different file. I was trying to use the MAIL command to do it, but this command requires user input inbetween, I was wondering how that could be achieved in a shell script. Can sumone please suggest... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send a mail

Hi, I need a shell script which runs in the backround for all the 24 hours and send a mail to us regarding the output of the prstat command when the load average increase above certain percent. kindly help me on this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send a mail

Hi , I need to prepare a script which will check my database with specific to particluar table. If the row count exceeds a certain limit, i need to send a mail to a set of Recipients. Being new to unix, please guide me to complete this task. Advance thanks, Sekar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending a mail using shell script

Please help me in writing the script for sending an attachment through email.(For example my text file name is :abc.txt and it is in directory d:/abc) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha126
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send e-mail from shell script ( C shell )?

Hi , How to send e-mail from shell script ( C shell ) . Mailx command is not working ( It didn't giving error also ). Please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from shell script

Hello All, I m trying to send mail from my unix script, I have used the below command mailx -s 'hi' email address < temp.txt It is not giving me any error,but I couldn't receive the mail Can you please help me. Many Thanks, Pragyan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail via shell script

I am in need of a script that will send out emails while going through a NAT. What I have that works is as follows: display_remote_IP | sort | uniq | while read i do FOUND=0 for IP in `echo $ACCEPTABLEIP` do if ; then FOUND=1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldapguy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script To E-Mail

Hi All, I'm having some problems with my shell script. When running the script I get the following errors: line 101: <html>: command not found line 105: /dumpfile.txt: No such file or directory The file dumpfile.txt does exist and I have double and tripple checked this. I'm not sure... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SalientAnimal
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To send a mail through shell script

I want to send a mail through shell script,If it is possible Please give me a code. mail id : upload.xxx@example.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)