Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: getch & getche not in ubuntu
Top Forums Programming getch & getche not in ubuntu Post 302429407 by Corona688 on Monday 14th of June 2010 11:05:40 AM
Old 06-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen_218
Now a natural question, I'd ask is why getch() is declared under TurboC's stdio.h header, if that's going to be substituted by a sys routine and not the standard library function?
I'm pretty sure it's in conio.h.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu / Ubuntu File Manager / Config

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome 2.28. I use the default Nautilus File Manager to view / manage files. Is there a way to add icons or customize the icons that are above the location bar and below the menus? There is a bar that has icons for "Back" "Forward" "Parent" above the location bar. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace & with & xml file

Hello All I have a xml file with many sets of records like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> also same file can be like this <mytag>mydata</mytag> <tag2>data&</tag2> <tag3>data2&amp;data3</tag3> Now i can grep & and replace with &amp; for whole file but it will replace all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace & sign to &amp word

Hi, I have text file abc.txt. In this file, I have the following data. Input: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith & Mrs Smith Mr Smith& Mrs Smith Mr Smith &Mrs Smith Output: Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith &apos Mrs Smith Mr Smith &amp Mrs Smith Mr Smith&amp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
stdio(3S)																 stdio(3S)

NAME
stdio() - standard buffered input/output stream file package SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The Standard I/O functions described in the subsection(3S) entries of this manual constitute an efficient, user-level I/O buffering scheme. The and functions handle characters quickly. The following functions all use or act as if they use and and can be freely inter- mixed: A file with associated buffering is called a stream and is declared to be a pointer to a defined type creates certain descriptive data for a stream and returns a pointer to designate the stream in all further transactions. Section(3S) library routines operate on this stream. At program startup, three streams, and are predefined and do not need to be explicitly opened. When opened, the standard input and stan- dard output streams are fully buffered if the output refers to a file and line-buffered if the output refers to a terminal. The standard error output stream is by default unbuffered. These three streams have the following constant pointers declared in the header file : standard input file standard output file standard error file A constant, NULL, (0) designates a nonexistent pointer. An integer-constant, (-1) is returned upon end-of-file or error by most integer functions that deal with streams (see individual descrip- tions for details). An integer constant specifies the size of the buffers used by the particular implementation (see setbuf(3S)). Any program that uses this package must include the header file of pertinent macro definitions as follows: The functions and constants mentioned in subsection(3S) entries of this manual are declared in that header file and need no further decla- ration. A constant defines the default maximum number of open files allowed per process. To increase the open file limit beyond this default value, see getrlimit(2). WARNINGS
Use of interfaces with a shared read/write file descriptor on will provide undefined behavior. Applications which are doing operations on need to use seperate file pointers for input and output, even if using the same file descriptor for both types of operations. ERRORS
Invalid stream pointers usually cause grave disorder, possibly including program termination. Individual function descriptions describe the possible error conditions. SEE ALSO
close(2), lseek(2), open(2), pipe(2), read(2), getrlimit(2), write(2), ctermid(3S), cuserid(3S), fclose(3S), ferror(3S), fgetpos(3S), fileno(3S), fopen(3S), fread(3S), fseek(3S), fgetpos(3S), getc(3S), gets(3S), popen(3S), printf(3S), putc(3S), puts(3S), scanf(3S), set- buf(3S), system(3S), tmpfile(3S), tmpnam(3S), ungetc(3S). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
stdio(3S)