Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting floating point variables korn shell Post 302429165 by presul on Sunday 13th of June 2010 10:53:43 AM
Old 06-13-2010
floating point variables korn shell

Hi I'm not using Korn93 but want to use floating point variable.
Is there any solution to do that ?

thx for help.

---------- Post updated at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:38 PM ----------

I have the following peace of code:
Code:
for n in `cat log.January.1.array`
do
       (( number=`print $n | awk -F\; '{print $1}'` ))
      (( filesSize=$filesSize+$number ))
done

print "Files size equals : $filesSize"

(( nrOfIterations=$filesSize/200000 ))
print "Estimated iterations number is: $nrOfIterations"

if (( nrOfIterations>0 ));
then
      (( nrOfIterations=$nrOfIterations+1 ))
      print "Real iterations number is: $nrOfIterations"
      print
fi

Problem is how to distinguish value round this value to sections : ?
1.1-1.5 this should be equal to 1
1.6-1.9 this should be equal to 2

thx for help

---------- Post updated at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:28 PM ----------

I solved it.
Solution below :

Code:
for n in `cat log.January.1.array`
do
       (( number=`print $n | awk -F\; '{print $1}'` ))
      (( filesSize=$filesSize+$number ))
done

print "Files size equals : $filesSize"

(( nrOfIterations=$filesSize/200000 ))
print "Estimated iterations number is: $nrOfIterations"

if (( nrOfIterations=0 ));
then
      print
else
      print
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables Naming in Korn Shell

Hi every body, I want to know what is the different between the following: $VAR1 ${VAR2} "${VAR3}" Are they equivalent? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point addition

hi, :) I have a file like this 10.456 123.567 456.876 234.987 ........ ....... What i want to do is ia have to add all those numbers and put the result in some other file. Any help pls. cheers RRK (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point shell variable

I have a two files >cat file1 jjjjj 10.345 6.673 ppp 9.000 5.883 >cat file2 mmm 80 10 jjjjj 10.305 6.873 ppp 9.000 5.883 I am reading file 1 line by line , and look for the string jjjj and then read the line in file 2 with jjjj I want to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
5 Replies

4. Linux

Floating point exception !!!

Hi, I have linux fedora 4 ver., 2.6 kernal. And qmail & mysql & samba servers are already configured on this server. When I try to install any package like squidguard ,dansguardian,webmin,rsnapshots with command rpm -ivh . It is giving error as “Floating point exception" Snap View is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk01
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: compare floating point variables??

Hi All, I got this script that pulls the Amps value from our RPC's , I basiclly want to compare the valued with a "limit" value -- if the numbers match or are greater than the definded value ...do something. My problem is I cant seem to figure out how to compare floating points... here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare floating point numbers in shell script?

How can we compare 2 floating point numbers in SHELL script? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearanik
11 Replies

7. Programming

Floating Point

Anyone help me i cant found the error of floating point if needed, i added the code complete #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <ctype.h> typedef struct { int hh; int mm; int ss; char nom; int punt; }cancion; typedef struct... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slasho
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Floating Point Numbers in c shell!

I have started using bash but this script which I am working on it, is in c chell. So here is my simple problem: set x = 0.4124\0.234 echo $x 0.4124.0.234 Same operation in Bash gives me correct result in my terminal. So there is something with my c shell that is causing this behaviour.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

'*' vs. '@' in Korn Shell Array Variables

In order to use the shellcurses functions described at: Shell Curses function library I am learning about ksh, which has arrays. My trusty Kochan & Wood book says that for any Korn Shell array AR : ${AR } expands to all the defined array elements, and ${#AR } expands to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of floating point values in shell

Hi Everyone , Need a simple code here , I Have a number in a variable say $a=145.67 . This value changes everytime loop begins . I need to print a specific message as shown below when the above variable lies in a specific range i.e. 1.if $a lies within 100 and 200 , it should display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
2 Replies
print.ini(5)							File Formats Manual						      print.ini(5)

NAME
print.ini -- survex printer settings Description The print.ini file contains printer descriptions for the Survex printer drivers. File Format The format of the print.ini file is similar to the .ini files used on Microsoft Windows. The file is divided into sections, each section corresponding to a separate printer description. A section starts with a section name in square brackets, e.g. aven's built-in printer support uses the aven section: [aven] followed by some options of the form <option>=<setting>, e.g.: font_size_labels=6 In the supplied print.ini each option is preceded by a comment (indicated by a semicolon ';') briefly explaining the option. Customising Printer Settings If you wish to change the size of the font used for labels or the colours used you need to override some of the setting in print.ini. You shouldn't modify the master print.ini (located in /usr/share/survex on Unix, or in the same directory as the Survex program files on other systems), or your changes will be overwritten by upgrades. Instead create: o /etc/survex/print.ini (Unix - system-wide settings) o ~/.survex/print.ini (Unix - per user settings) o myprint.ini in the directory where Survex is installed (other platforms) If one of these files contains a setting then aven will use it instead of the setting in the master print.ini. Any settings not specified will still fall back to the values in print.ini. See Also printdm(1), printhpgl(1), printpcl(1), printps(1) print.ini(5)